DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I'm not the smartest Bear but....

Mymgb

Reactions
I am a bit confused. I fly with a MP with an iPad Mini4 with WiFi. Understanding that the MP has Occusynch which is some sort of an extended WiFi I wonder why and what is the reason to have an iPad with Cellular service? Can someone fully explain why the need for cellular on the MP? I have my unit set for a reasonable flight distance for me as I have to maneuver around many tall trees.

having cellular allows certain functions to work such as the follow me mode,also youll have maps and no need to cache maps ahead of flights.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
The reason you would want GPS is for special functions like follow me where the quad uses the GPS in the device to "see" where you are. Maps do not rely solely on the GPS but more so on the cellular connection to connect & download the maps in the field. I use a cellular iPad with no data connection. I turned on the map caching function in the Go4 app and I go to the map screen in the app and look at the planned flying area. It will cache those maps for use in the field. Now when you arrive at your flying spot the maps will be there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej