DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image choppy

Gator93

Reactions
it seems that when I'm looking at the current video on my phone when the mavic 2 is flying seems to be okay hey I switched it from IBM to the QuickTime however when I try to Chromecast it to the TV the TV is choppy and that would be the live feed and of course when I try to put it in my computer it's choppy also but it's a fairly old computer but I don't understand why it can be fine on my phone but I have a 4K ultra HDTV it's choppy on that can anyone help

Tons of threads on this issue but here's a troubleshooting suggestion. Put a test clip on a quality USB thumbdrive and then plug that into one of your TV's USB ports. If it plays fine then the issue is your computer and phone, not your drone. (The rhyme was unintentional.) :)

Before I received my new drone I was sent footage from my Brother-in-law. It played perfectly on my new Pad but choppy on my computer. I went to my local Cyber shop and they explained my computer was too old and too slow. I now have a new computer and everything plays perfectly.. Higher resolution and more frames per second takes more computing power to play.
Time to upgrade.

My 4K video is choppy also I would bet it is my computer. When I record in 1080 it plays great. I will look into it further.

More than likely as it takes a good bit of fairly new hardware to give it the horsepower to play and edit 4k and especially 10 bit Dlog-M in H.265.

That's what I'm thinking. In another week we will be getting a new computer. Waiting on delivery. Maybe that will be good. In 1080 it looks great. Can't imagine 4k.

If you use Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, you have the option of creating "proxy" files for editing. They're lower resolution and don't tax the hardware. When you render the final video, the software uses the original video files with all your edits.

But truthfully, after three months of proxies, I'm tired of the process so I too am upgrading my hardware with the fastest i9 processor, 64gb of memory, and one of the new 1tb M.2 drives for the OS.

Reactions: dioscuriII
You will have no worries with a beast like that. I recently upgraded to a new laptop. 8th gen I7 (6 cores), 32 GB ram and a GTX 1070 video card. It has no problem handling h265 files in Resolve.

BB: That is what I'm hoping and from what I've learned, it's all about the number of cores. Memory and a GPU are secondary.

Reactions: Brewbud
Well, I am happy that I found out that my old computer was the problem. The new one plays the video great. The only bad thing now is I have to learn how to fly it smoother. Lol

Don't overlook the graphics card. It makes a difference. I had stutters with 1080p recordings until I upgraded my card.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy