DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image freezing on DJI Fly app (iOS)

RealSting

Reactions
Using the DJI Fly app (iOS), has anyone experienced the live feed freezing and stuttering badly when it shouldn't (my drone was only 20 feet away from me!). I was practically flying blind! Any thing to know here?

I saw that the update fixed your other issue - hopefully that'll fix this issue as well. I would think it would work fine on an iphone X - I've heard of people using much older iphones with no problems.

Reactions: RealSting
Unfortunately the image is still occasionally freezing with the drone just a few metres away - can stay frozen requiring an app start or switching HD to Smooth and back again in the Transmission menu 😔 No restart or re installation of the app solves the issue.

I‘ve also noticed today, that parts of the videostream (image) have a purple shadowing on them, which seems to move with where the camera is pointed. It’s not on the recorded video files (or the cached files). It’s not always there but comes and goes.

Is this an App problem or the drone itself? I’m still within the return window for the Drone.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the image is still occasionally freezing with the drone just a few metres away - can stay frozen requiring an app start or switching HD to Smooth and back again in the Transmission menu 😔 No restart or re installation of the app solves the issue.

I‘ve also noticed today, that parts of the videostream (image) have a purple shadowing on them, which seems to move with where the camera is pointed. It’s not on the recorded video files (or the cached files). It’s not always there but comes and goes.

Is this an App problem or the drone itself? I’m still within the return window for the Drone.
Are you running other programs in the background...like Dropbox, etc.?

Are you running other programs in the background...like Dropbox, etc.?
No, I closed everything to free up as much resource as possible. In addition, Background App refresh only has 4 apps set to refresh that won’t be pulling any data whilst using the the fly app. I’m wondering if the Video Cache (set to 2GB) is the issue?

when the weather improves I’m going to try using the Litchi app to see if that video downlink gives me the same issues. The weather here is windy and wet so have to wait it out even though my purchase return window is drawing near!

Last edited:
That's really bad - I've never experienced performance that bad. You definitely have a bad RC Pro - return it or get it repaired by DJI.

I have the same issue. The transmission becomes very jerky and freezes for a few seconds.

I join a link to a video that I captured from the RC Pro

That doesn’t look very good. I’d replace the controller if that’s an easy option. I’m using the standard controller and the issue I was having seems to have gone away with just updates - have tested it several times near and far and it seems to be ok, (for now at least!). However, as mine was (apparently) software related, you might want to try reinstalling updates for your controller AND aircraft. Does it happen with the standard controller? Hope all goes well.

I tried with the air 2s controller and I don't have this freezing problem. There seems to be a problem with the RC Pro controller. The issue started a little before the update and it is accentuated after the update.

I reset the RC Pro. I will try again later when the weather is better.

EDIT:
following the reset of the RC Pro, the issue is still there.

I tried exiting the dji fly application during the flight and reopening dji fly and the screen is more stable and less jerky. I also tried to be at 5.8ghz frequency only. If I use Focus Track projector mode, the screen freezes more often. I believe the problem is in the DJI FLY app for RC Pro.

Last edited:
Have you started the repair process with DJI, as suggested earlier?
No I prefer to wait. From what I can see, there are several people who seem to have problems with this update.

Hoping they fixes it soon!

Using the DJI Fly app (iOS), has anyone experienced the live feed freezing and stuttering badly when it shouldn't (my drone was only 20 feet away from me!). I was practically flying blind! Any thing to know here?
I have been experiencing this at the beginning of each flight. I land it restart the app and then it flys fine. But thats not ok with me because this poses a safety hazard especially if I’m flying a fair distance away but remaining within visual line of sight. This bug needs to be fixed asap as this is completely unacceptable in my professional opinion. Ive updated all firmware, ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I’ve cleared my phone of storage I don’t know what else there is to do at this point. We just got this drone last week. Very disappointed with the app thus far.

I updated to version v01.00.0800 and updated RC Pro to v03.01.0800.

It's even worse than the old version. It frequently freezes for a short time but it has become dangerous to fly with this device.

It did it again at the festival I’m in charge of flying for. Froze around the beginning then I brought it back quit and restarted and was fine rest of the night. But after this festival I don’t think I’ll be using this unless dji comes up with a fix. Un freaking believeable for a $3k purchase!

I am noticing the same momentary video freezing with Mavic 3 on the RC Pro. I hadn't had the problem before until the v01.00.0800 update. Don't think it's the device, it'd been delivering flawless feeds back to me until now. Hoping they'll notice and a patch will be released. Any other things I might do?

I had this same issue using my iPad Pro, but didn't have any freezing issues when I use my Galaxy Tab S7+. My iPad Pro doesn't play nice to begin with. I have to connect a USB battery to the controller to get the iPad to recognize the video stream. Seems to be a known issue with the 2018 iPad Pro model. Have you tried any other devices connected?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1