DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image noise in Dlog and poorly sharp image

Akbuk

Reactions
In Dlog mode, there is a lot of noise in the post-processed image. Especially in 5.1K resolution, there is noticeably less in 4K. Compared to normal mode, the image in Dlog is not sharp enough and sharpening in post-production doesn't solve it much. I note that I have the Cine version and the current fimware, I use the LUT profile from DJI and the usual Lumetri Color edits in Adobe Premiere CC 2022. Does anyone have a similar feeling and a possible solution?

I am not entirely surprised to hear it. I've always found DJI DLOG to be problematic.

Have you compared to shooting standard? Is there more noise? Do you see any actual gain in dynamic range? One thing to note is that ProRes will not (should not) be sharpened at all in camera whereas H.264/H.265 usually is.

In normal mode, the video is noise-free and the sharpness is good, maybe too high. The dynamic range between Dlog and Normal is not noticeably higher, on the contrary it seems to me that it is better in Normal mode. Dlog is disappointing for me at the moment... I'll post video samples here later.

What ISO are you shooting at? Sometimes log footage is natively shot at high ISOs like 640. With a DJI sensor set to that ISO most of them are quite noisy.

With the older drones either 400 or 800 are noisy, 800 being the worst. I don’t have a P3 to test on.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor