DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Image quality on MP latest firmware v01.04.0100

siagung

Reactions
The bad boy has its latest firmware and everybody are yelling about the bug on DJI Go apps, but no one give a statement about how good or (maybe) bad the new firmware is. I was wondering, is there any image testing on this new firmware. I'm not talking about NFZ or maybe speed or high limit..no, i just want to know about image quality because that's the reason for me bought this bad boy.

Could someone please show me the image quality on this new firmware, if someone has updated the drone using the latest firmware. I just wanna discuss the image quality

Thank you, pilots...

The bad boy has its latest firmware and everybody are yelling about the bug on DJI Go apps, but no one give a statement about how good or (maybe) bad the new firmware is. I was wondering, is there any image testing on this new firmware. I'm not talking about NFZ or maybe speed or high limit..no, i just want to know about image quality because that's the reason for me bought this bad boy.

Could someone please show me the image quality on this new firmware, if someone has updated the drone using the latest firmware. I just wanna discuss the image quality

Thank you, pilots...

Here are a couple photos I took last week of a shopping center from 350' AGL. I think they look great...

DJI_0033.JPG DJI_0035.JPG DJI_0046.JPG DJI_0058.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Cut.Aussie
I think a lot of people are overly critical of the Mavic camera. This is not a two thousand dollar Canon or Nikon SLR, it’s a drone with a 4K camera that’s surprisingly good with the latest software.

Reactions: BeefStew and Chirp
TBH, people always discuss their MP cannot fly higher or there's a new NFZ, some want their drone run like F1 race car, etc. I don't agree with that opinion, the MP is a photography or videography drone. But it's up to them how to treat their drone, it's their money anyway. But i don't like something near my airplane when i'm going to land to some airport or i don't want wind blow push away my drone when i fly higher..

But that's only my opinion. I just want to know the upgrade picture from latest firmware, because that's why the reason i bought drone at first place

Reactions: phantomi
TBH, people always discuss their MP cannot fly higher or there's a new NFZ, some want their drone run like F1 race car, etc. I don't agree with that opinion, the MP is a photography or videography drone. But it's up to them how to treat their drone, it's their money anyway. But i don't like something near my airplane when i'm going to land to some airport or i don't want wind blow push away my drone when i fly higher..

But that's only my opinion. I just want to know the upgrade picture from latest firmware, because that's why the reason i bought drone at first place

Are the latest FW upgrading the camera? I thought that there are no significant improvements in the camera output from previous firmware.

Reactions: mauimark
That's why i want to know what others statement about image quality, and i think it's the same as 1000 firmware, the contrast is too high. Chirp has post his pictures using latest firmware, but i don't know whether he made some adjustment on profile picture or he left it on default setting

What kind of color profile do you use, mate? D-log or cinelike? A little bit contrast i think, or it just the camera setting?

I didn't use a profile for these photos. The settings were
f22
shutter speed 1/160
ISO 100
I probably had an ND8 on. But I'm not positive.

Also I must not have been using the latest firmware because when I was on a commercial job earlier today the system tried to upgrade. I did not want to have to wait for or risk some crazy problems so I held off. I'm going to do it right now.

Few pics from today edited with snapseed just messing with the app....anyways new fw and latest go4 all good.org_d16eee50d702ad3c_1512331348000-01.jpeg org_59245203cd51dd0e_1512331392000-01.jpeg org_bb61e4524e4ed949_1512331517000-01.jpeg

Haha thanks xtreme drone pilot.... No flipping of the app the cars are indeed on the right side of the road lol

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada