DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Images with a Pastel Appearance

gjmphoto

Reactions
DJI_0105-m.jpg I've noticed that my images are getting a pastel-y appearance, particularly in the shadows. They look OK in small, on screeen, jpgs, but when you view them even slightly larger, all the shadows are blocked up and blurred.

I'm saving to JPG. Wondering if it could be noise reduction creating this effect.

Or, is there some other setting I should be using? I suppose I could shoot in RAW and eliminate the chance of it being noise reduction, but I was hoping to not have to post process every image...even in CR or LR.

I've attached an image to demonstrate the effect. Look at the ground and trees to the left of the lighthouse if you can enlarge it, it will be more obvious.

Thoughts?

Odds are it's noise reduction. The MP and MPP have pretty harsh noise reduction and I know of no way to turn it off. I would play with sharpening settings and keep the ISO low as possible. The painterly look is noise reduction and the MPP can quickly apply it to shadows.

Paul C

Odds are it's noise reduction. The MP and MPP have pretty harsh noise reduction and I know of no way to turn it off. I would play with sharpening settings and keep the ISO low as possible. The painterly look is noise reduction and the MPP can quickly apply it to shadows.

Paul C
Thanks...I'd assume RAW will not have any noise reduction...true?

Yes that’s correct. Raw has no noise reduction. However for video you have no choice. I missed that your shot was from still not a video. With video I always have some sharpening on.

Paul C

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78