DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Imagine this

AVLJMA

Premium Pilot
Reactions
My wife and I (in our mid 60s) were talking about how our parents would have been WOWed by cell phones and the internet. Then we wondered what we will be WOWed by.

I looked at the recent developments with EHANG taxi drone being in the experimental stage. I think that will be our next WOW. I am a helicopter pilot and I would find the DRONE TAXI so much easier to fly.

Which one of us could not immediately pilot a full size, human carrying drone? If the controls were the same it would be effortless. Add to that the obstacle avoidance on a full size quad copter and it becomes even safer. In a moment of novice flying panic the student pilot just takes his/her hands off of the controls and hover in place until they regain their composure.

It is SOOO much easier than flying a helicopter. No pedals, no collective, no rotor to worry about. Just flying with the exact same two joysticks that we fly our Mavics with today.
If you have a problem just HANDS OFF and HOVER.

Of course there would be a horrific air space issue. Drones could occupy space below 400 feet. There would have to be some infrastructure issues as well. Challenges for sure. And of course the cost.

BUT which one of you drone pilots out there would hesitate to fly a full sized human carrying drone? I mean, you already know how the controls work. Just thought it is something that is possible or at the very least, intriguing. The next generation's WOW thing.

P.S. I predict we will start to see human carrying drones in the movies. BOND, JAMES BOND.

Last edited:
Reactions: TTP
Good thoughts mate, have to be automatic flight. It would be a worry having some of the pilots here flying drone taxis. Read about their crashes all the time ?
Regards

Reactions: AZDave and NAVMAV
I can see it now......... My taxi nearly hit a tree........... had to sell it due to nasty odour inside it, uploading flight logs now

Reactions: Gagey52
Welcome to our new venture, we are MDTS "Miracle Drone Taxi Services". All our drones are operated by mostly FAA Part 107 -T pilots. (T = Taxi operator). We do our best to keep our drones updated to the latest firm ware, unless there seems to be a new glitch in the update. We have had almost no flyaway cases in first 3 months of our operation and almost no swollen battery cases. Unlike some of our competition who have had cases of their doors popping open during flight, due to swollen batteries

Safety is of the uppermost importance and we strive for that on every flight, in our company.
Come Fly With US Today, our slogan says. it all... If we get you to your destination safely, It Must Be A Miracle!

• Haha
Reactions: okw
My wife and I (in our mid 60s) were talking about how our parents would have been WOWed by cell phones and the internet. Then we wondered what we will be WOWed by.

I looked at the recent developments with EHANG taxi drone being in the experimental stage. I think that will be our next WOW. I am a helicopter pilot and I would find the DRONE TAXI so much easier to fly.

Which one of us could not immediately pilot a full size, human carrying drone? If the controls were the same it would be effortless. Add to that the obstacle avoidance on a full size quad copter and it becomes even safer. In a moment of novice flying panic the student pilot just takes his/her hands off of the controls and hover in place until they regain their composure.

It is SOOO much easier than flying a helicopter. No pedals, no collective, no rotor to worry about. Just flying with the exact same two joysticks that we fly our Mavics with today.

Of course there would be a horrific air space issue. Drones could occupy space below 400 feet. There would have to be some infrastructure issues as well. Challenges for sure. And of course the cost.

BUT which one of you drone pilots out there would hesitate to fly a full sized human carrying drone? I mean, you already know how the controls work. Just thought it is something that is possible or at the very least, intriguing. The next generation's WOW thing.

P.S. I predict we will start to see human carrying drones in the movies. BOND, JAMES BOND.
Would there be people with Drone rage? (sorta like road rage).

People have enough trouble operating vehicles in two dimensions. Put them in three-dimensional space and we're all doomed.

Reactions: AZDave

When your car runs out of power, it just stops. When your drone does, you die. Of course even drones today know how to anticipate the need to land, but people are going to fly their taxi drones places where that won't be good enough to keep them alive. Automatic collision avoidance is practical and I'm not saying that taxi drones won't happen, but when they do expect a lot of carnage simply because people are stupid.

Reactions: AVLJMA
Thanks for sharing!

I didn't mean normal people, I meant just us.

I assume that comment was tongue in cheek, but just in case it wasn't you should read more of the crash reports here on these forums. A decent percentage of them are caused by the operator, not the drone or its software.

Reactions: AVLJMA
I wonder if you'd get the choice between a taxi driver who's a FPVer or one who is a more relaxed 'photographer' flyer?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada