DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

importance of DJI GO app 4.1.3 forced update

mpa

Reactions
Does any one know why DJI now decided to do a forced update for the app version 4.1.3? i dont think they have done a forced update before for the app. but this was a little rough. no prior warning just locking the app (and drone!) until the user updates the app. locking the drone was a little scary as it responded to nothing including gimbal.

Could this be in response to the "parameter changes" "hack" ? , i noticed people have no issues yet but does 4.1.3 have a embeded trigger so once enough people have updated they will trigger something to reset all mavic parameters or force .900 FW? im just speculating but sure sounds strange and suspicious to force an update based on "bug fixes". no serious bugs i could find with 4.1.2.

Yes before the recent changes I had no issues with my Mavic Pro, I don't object to updates, but if they change the way the Mavic Pro is to be used regarding certain restrictions its a bit harsh. I personally purchased the Mavic Pro for its portability also what it can do, I don't want to own something that is going to be turned into something that is so governed just because DJI wants us to do what they want us to do. If it comes to that they should refund our money as the Mavic will be something that we would not have purchased.

Reactions: Watergunz
I have not updated 4.1.3 it's still pending in app update. but i can fly my drone no problem

Reactions: scooot
No forced update for me.Im not sure what you mean by FORCED.The option is there for me to update but I just ignore it.I am still on app 4.0.8 and all is good with my mavic.I mostly use my phone to fly but also have a iPad mini that I updated to see the differences,if any.That is currently on app 4.1.0 also with no issues.

Some people do not have the "Ignore" choice. It hasn't been figured out exactly what determines whether it's forced for you or not. Location, version,...

On Android, in the Google Play Store settings menu, you can switch off automatic updates. You will still be notified of pending updates, but you get to choose which apps you want to update. I'm still on 4.0.7, and everything is working great.

if you do not sign in and update goapp4 after a month it will be forced and it will only let you fly 40metres radius, whether you use goapp4 or Litchi

Reactions: hookalakupua
if you do not sign in and update goapp4 after a month it will be forced and it will only let you fly 40metres radius, whether you use goapp4 or Litchi

I doubt it.
Where is the source of this information.I don't think this is possible.How can this be implemented if he user is in no way connected to the outside world.I use my devices in aeroplane mode.

Last edited:
Could be a kill switch in the app where it refuses to run e.g. a month after release date.

Never heard of that being implemented though.

They can make you update.
Earlier on Mavic used DJI Go not Go4 until one day there was a blocking screen over the app.
It probably won't happen if you don't go online or firewall securely

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian