DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Improving FPVLR Antenna, making it better.

Another thought.
20K feet is farthest oneway for mavic pro battery, after 40K round trip I landed with 6% on batt, keep that in mind.
My goal is to get out there 20K and have all bars on the radio and drone.
It's coming...
You can go 25000 ft stock and back pretty easy but 20 is safe . 29000 is record I believe. This is with fvplr customs antenna Screenshot_20181006-103145_DU Recorder.jpg

Last edited:
You can go 25000 ft stock and back pretty easy but 20 is safe . 29000 is record I believe. This is with fvplr customs antenna View attachment 49014

My other question for you is, I asked Aumoe a question in another thread, what are the conditions where you start your flight? What I mean is, are there lots of trees blocking your signal, are you on top of a hill, is there lots of wifi noise around? The reason I asked about starting from a hill is that you're not at 51 ft in that screen shot yet it says that you're 51 ft up, which would lead me to beleive you started from a higher position then where we see in the screen shot.

In my case I was flying off of the 4 story building roof, probably 100' high, plus I went up another 160'.
SO I believe my ground hight was around 260 with some trees in the way.

Reactions: Drone_guy
In my case I was flying off of the 4 story building roof, probably 100' high, plus I went up another 160'.
SO I believe my ground hight was around 260 with some trees in the way.

I wish I had a building like that to start my flights from! Thumbswayup

I'm on the coast and all I have is flat land with tons of thick trees...

My other question for you is, I asked Aumoe a question in another thread, what are the conditions where you start your flight? What I mean is, are there lots of trees blocking your signal, are you on top of a hill, is there lots of wifi noise around? The reason I asked about starting from a hill is that you're not at 51 ft in that screen shot yet it says that you're 51 ft up, which would lead me to beleive you started from a higher position then where we see in the screen shot.
If u watch the video in the other thread you'll see. I do take off on top of the hill as we call it.

I wish I had a building like that to start my flights from! Thumbswayup

I'm on the coast and all I have is flat land with tons of thick trees...
Sounds like you have the open water u can use but that is worse (scary) than landing on the side of a mountai in the woods .which sucks

Yeah....kinda freaks me out flying over the water. I did watch the video but didn't recall seeing the take off....I just looked again and am very envious!

Reactions: Aumoe
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb