DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Improving Range

Mbradbury12

Reactions
Hi,

How do you improve the range on a Mavic I live in quite a rural area (no big trees) and when I get to around 300m it loses signal any tips would be greatly appreciated
Thanks.

Change to FCC Mode?

Hi,

How do you improve the range on a Mavic I live in quite a rural area (no big trees) and when I get to around 300m it loses signal any tips would be greatly appreciated
Thanks.

Switch your phone or tablet in airplane mode, for me it change a lot !
Spend some time to identify the better wifi channel instead of automatic choice ( a 5Ghz channel is usually less busy than a 2.4Ghz).
you can try this yagi antenna that does not need mod. Check those threads

Hand-made Yagi Uda adapter antenna
Hello Guys, yesterday I thought to myself I'm gonna make me one of those Yagi Uda antenna adapters for my Mavic Mini controller even though I don;t have a 3D printer! And I did, and it actually works! I used an online Yagi Uda calculator, and I just chose my options, I made a 11.8 dBd gain...
mavicpilots.com
mavicpilots.com
What are the proper Yagi-Uda dimensions?
The yagi-uda adapter from Thingiverse is one of the most important pieces you can get for your Mavic Mini. It works really well, but I've asked myself - does the design max out its potential? As somebody has already mentioned, different diameters work better for the 2.4 GHz design than the ones...
mavicpilots.com
mavicpilots.com

Or wrap,yourself in tin foil?

Hi,

Thanks.
At 300m you are already well beyond VLOS so why do you need more range? It does not matter where you are located regulations apply the same to everyone and those that continue to not pay any attention keep making more difficult for the less selfish of us.

It all starts with proper antenna alignment. This is true for the stock antennas, and the various parabolic reflectors and signal amplifiers make proper alignment even more critical.

clear VLOS, and freedom from interference round it out.

At 300m you are already well beyond VLOS so why do you need more range? It does not matter where you are located regulations apply the same to everyone and those that continue to not pay any attention keep making more difficult for the less selfish of us.
Oh contrare.... with added lights it’s easy. My ARC XLs are certified for visibility at up to 3.5 miles... Check out the Firehouse website. I don’t personally see it that far, but do see it about 2 miles at dusk flying flat terrain.

Reactions: Mrveronn and WooZie
Follow the ( Mod Removed Language)rules so we can all enjoy the hobby, thank you.
Wouldn’t hurt for you to follow our guidelines so you can enjoy our forum.

Switch your phone or tablet in airplane mode, for me it change a lot !
Spend some time to identify the better wifi channel instead of automatic choice ( a 5Ghz channel is usually less busy than a 2.4Ghz).
you can try this yagi antenna that does not need mod. Check those threads

Hand-made Yagi Uda adapter antenna
Hello Guys, yesterday I thought to myself I'm gonna make me one of those Yagi Uda antenna adapters for my Mavic Mini controller even though I don;t have a 3D printer! And I did, and it actually works! I used an online Yagi Uda calculator, and I just chose my options, I made a 11.8 dBd gain...
mavicpilots.com
mavicpilots.com
What are the proper Yagi-Uda dimensions?
The yagi-uda adapter from Thingiverse is one of the most important pieces you can get for your Mavic Mini. It works really well, but I've asked myself - does the design max out its potential? As somebody has already mentioned, different diameters work better for the 2.4 GHz design than the ones...
mavicpilots.com
mavicpilots.com

I've experienced a similar issue in wide open areas where I can still visually see the Firehouse LED's flash. I did not know you could fly in airplane mode. Thank you for explaining.

Reactions: fificap

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos