DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Calibration issue

moshik

Reactions
Hello,

Need your help with calibrating the IMU.

Although the IMU seems to be calibrated, I wanted to calibrate it.

I removed the propellers and followed the calibration wizard, but it is stuck on stage 2.
I tried it with Android phone and with IphonX.

Maybe it related, also the FW update was a very hard process and it was stuck several times until DJI customer support and helped me out (repeated the process with the PC SW).

Ant ideas?

Thanks
Moshik

Thats the problem....u shouldnt just calibrate things for ease of mind or whatever....this is how bad calibrations happen and crashes...if values were good leave it alone....i dont ever calibrate unless values are wayy off or app tells me too. So basically i have not calibrated any of my dji drones in a very long time...my p4 whined about a compass cal a yr ago ....did it and been fine since. Rarely do imu cals because they are rarely needed. Anyway if you insist on calibrating it... make sure on Step 2 that your drone matches the description of the picture! You also have to be on a very level surface

Are you sure you're calibrating the IMU properly? Try doing it like this:

I think that I did that, now maybe :-( the MA was not faced as the picture at the tutorial shows, and maybe the wizard waited for me to place the MA in that direction.
I will try again.

Thanks
Moshik

Yep each step will change .......you have to follow each step in the picture. And then each step will Advance

Had the same problem until I realized that Step 2 has the Air on its side. The photo on the app makes it look like it is simply rotated 180 on its feet

Had the same problem until I realized that Step 2 has the Air on its side. The photo on the app makes it look like it is simply rotated 180 on its feet
Same here. A few minutes of squeaky bum time time then I realised to hold it on its side. Poor drawing in the manual I think

Anyone had any fix’s to this.

I’ve got an IMU1 automatic calibration error (error code -50)

IMU2 error code 1

I had a minor crash, got caught on a tree branch less then 5 feet at hover speed. Fell Awkwardly, Replaced rear left arm, and gimble anti-virbration plate. Not sure what to replace to get it back going again?? Haveijg trouble finding Diagnostics for this error code

After contacting DJI they told me to send it back, after finally getting the info I was actually after ( what the error code means) they finally tell me that error code -50 is a general failure.

If it was a specific failure it would point to something else I figure, or maybe the board is dead.

After removing the bottom motherboard I gained access to the IMU (it’s under the internal SD card on the backside of the main board if you have removed the top shell before)

I flicked it, made sure it was free to move and flicked it a couple more times.(not hard but a good flick)

Booted her up, Calibrates on the first try. Problem solved. After first flight no problems thus far.
Update- flown several times in heavy winds no problems in steady hovering.

Last edited:
Reactions: BearMan54
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB