DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU calibration with or without propellers?

skan

Reactions
Some video tutorials show the calibration with the propellers removed, some not.
What's the proper way to do it?

You can do the calibration with or without the props attached. Here's a how-to video if needed:

Reactions: Ping^Spike
You can do the calibration with or without the props attached. Here's a how-to video if needed:

Yes, I saw that video before, but other show it without the propellers.
The angle won't be exactly the same.

That slight difference in angle won't matter. Even when the props are on, the angle is ever so slightly different when the props are rotated in different directions.

I would leave them on, never had any issues. The folding legs make it much easier than the Spark or P4 series. Props just fold over legs.

Paul C

It's all up to you, On/Off doesn't matter.
Keep in mind that you'll be prompted w/ "Mag Interference" and that's OK!

It's all up to you, On/Off doesn't matter.
Keep in mind that you'll be prompted w/ "Mag Interference" and that's OK!

Can you elaborate? I have not gotten a mag interference when calibrating the IMU with props on. Not sure why you would as wouldn't that effect compass instead?

Just curious as it's not a big deal to take off the props if that is not creating interference of any kinds.

Paul C

Can you elaborate? I have not gotten a mag interference when calibrating the IMU with props on. Not sure why you would as wouldn't that effect compass instead?

Just curious as it's not a big deal to take off the props if that is not creating interference of any kinds.

Paul C
When I did my IMU cal and since the arms are folded, the motors magnetic field is close to sensors.
At that time I did not know that it was OK, if you have this warning as long the cal finished successfully and w/ out error everything should be good. Props pref is all up to you ON or OFF!
If you don't get that warning then it should be good and continue w/ IMU cal.

Last edited:
Reactions: esuohdica
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121