DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IMU Error and a question

Quebecnewf

Reactions
Was flying my MA yesterday was breezy but not to bad . Was about two minutes into flight when it seemed to sort of “stagger” got 2 Imu errors . One said to try fly backwards and forwards other said to return and land and calibrate compass .

it steadied right up after this and I flew it quickly back and landed no problems .
Have not had time to check it out and try it sense then ( we were at a remote location ) and had to leave in a hurry .
What should I look for and what caused this ? ( a gust of wind etc etc ?)

quebecnewf

Compass and IMU have two separate functions, probably best to calibrate both and then check the status.

MA1's are pretty safe as they have 2 IMU's and 1 compass

Flight log might show up more details of the errors.

Did a test flight today . Everything shows as normal and it flies fine . Imu says normal .

guess it’s good to go ?

Quebecnewf

Here is a screen shot of the two errors I got . It seemed to fly backwards on its own for a bit looking at the flight path .

all looks fine and it flies fine during a small test flight yesterday . Any ideas ?
C8C66BA8-357A-4ACF-A838-3808BF5E49FB.png

Here is a screen shot of the two errors I got . It seemed to fly backwards on its own for a bit looking at the flight path .

all looks fine and it flies fine during a small test flight yesterday . Any ideas ?
View attachment 105015

Was it windy on the error message flight, could the AC have been buffeted past a 30 degree tilt ?

You can convert the flight log using these instructions

It was windy nothing to much but was squally . I was thinking that’s what happened a gust of wind struck it .
I’m going to try and figure out the flight log thing and see what I find

Quebecnewf

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS