DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inadvertant Landing/Crash

You should not fly the battery that low. When its drained its drained. The lower the charge the faster it loses charge percentage. If you are pushing flight time, change the RTH feature before you start.
My battery is set to 20% the drone was a foot or so away from me when it decided to override my attempt to manually land. It chose to default to RTA when I was already bringing it in.

I know someone on here can read your logs and find out exactly what happened. Not sure who it is but I understand everything is in there. I feel for you man!

You might want to do a search of this forum to understand how to get the logs then post them on this thread. Otherwise, it will all be speculation about what happened.
I've uploaded mine and I am glad it states gimbal overload and other things that back my claims. Glad I was using DJI app and not Litchi

Reactions: wsettle
If you waited until it was below 15-20% battery, then you are taking the risk. If you flew it until it only had enough battery to land, then I understand why you have had problems.
24m 55.1s Go Home 20satellites 4.9ft 0.2mph 0.4ft 20% 14.674V 3.674V 3.672V 3.671V 3.657V 0.017V RTH: Heading alignment

What issues did you have , I am using beta as well but not noticed any problem in recent beta update.
All of them were nits and we're around doing spherical panos like ii didn't honor 30 dgree up gimbal setting and did not honor aeb setting. They fixed all of them in less than a day so that app is changing fast so fly LOS and at least two mistakes high so you have time to react. While they do a phenomenal job, it's not fully baked you. That's why they call it Beta. Use at your own risk.

A second report of uncommanded landing! In Mavic 2 General about rooftop landing. Drone decided autonomously to land and crashed

“Yup. With no warning, no notice and for no reason, it sounded the landing tones and dropped itself right on the roof of the rotunda! I couldn't power up lift or anything, just refused my input and landed. The motors powered down and away she slide right off the roof to a 25 foot drop onto cement... Argh!”

Check out page 22 of the manual. It discusses which sensors are active in which mode plus the various things that it can't detect. For the lateral sensors, it mentions it cannot see tree branches. Not sure about the downward sensors and their limitations.

I know that unless I'm in tripod or active track mode, not all sensors are active.

DJI says none of their sensors are really able to dodge trees, although many videos exist where they manage to .

I do not think the emphasis here is the dodging trees so much as to how the control system went from Obstacle to Landing w/o pilot input, ant then failed to respond to control stick attempts to avert the crash caused by landing. Similar crash reported in the Mavic Pro 2 section - autonomous Landing, no control from pilot and crash

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph