DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incoming UK Drone laws 2019

Reactions
UK to ramp-up anti-drone restrictions

See the above article I found!

I'm new to the scene, so wondering on the sentence:

"Further, it will become illegal by November 2019 to possess a drone and not be registered with the appropriate authorities."

Who are the appropriate authorities?

ALSO

"Drone users are now required by law to show an officer their appropriate documentation and licensing."

What is the appropriate documentation and license? (Recreational use)

Thanks for the help!

I think the key word here is "appropriate", as it stands today that means if you are doing a commercial shoot you need to show your PFCO, if you are flying for fun, there are no papers or qualifications to show

The word Licensing is incorrect as there is no such thing as a UK Drone license, they mean a PFCO

This may change when registration comes along then I imagine the papers a non-commercial operator will need to show when asked by the Plod will be their registration document

P.S. Interesting website

I think the key word here is "appropriate", as it stands today that means if you are doing a commercial shoot you need to show your PFCO, if you are flying for fun, there are no papers or qualifications to show

The word Licensing is incorrect anyway as there is no such thing as a UK Drone license, they mean a PFCO

This may change when registration comes along then I imagine the papers you will need to show when asked by the Plod will be your registration document

What's a PFCO?

So I currently require no documents to fly...any idea what I will require past November?

UK to ramp-up anti-drone restrictions

See the above article I found!

I'm new to the scene, so wondering on the sentence:

"Further, it will become illegal by November 2019 to possess a drone and not be registered with the appropriate authorities."

Who are the appropriate authorities?

ALSO

"Drone users are now required by law to show an officer their appropriate documentation and licensing."

What is the appropriate documentation and license? (Recreational use)

Thanks for the help!
All this was in the Department of Transports consultation document last October. They haven't yet announced who you will have to register with. It may be the CAA but I doubt that somehow. They haven't announced who will be conducting the on-line test either. Knowing how slowly bureaucracy works in this country, It might not happen. At least not this year. They have already dropped the idea of having to inform the authorities via an app before you fly, of where you are flying.

A PFCO is a 'Permission For Commercial Operations' and is the UK equivalent of the U.S. Part 107. It is issued by the CAA to commercial operators.

The Government has now announced its proposals. You should be ablrpectonfind a document on the Department of Transport website called “Taking Flight: The Future of Drones in the UK - Government Response”.

Do you already use the NATS drone assist AP. That provides a map on showing NVZs and allows you to file intention of a proposed flight. The map is interactive and allows you to indicate your take off point. The map alerts you to known hazards if any in the proposed area. If you have registered your proposed flight then warning of this appear if any other user seeks to register a flight in the vicinity for the proposed time.

At the moment you do need to identify yourself in filing such a flight plan. It looks as though we will have to do so if and when the Government translates it’s proposals into law. Whether the Department if Transport can maintain its slot in the Parliamentary timetable to achieve this might be open to doubt though I don’t think they are expecting the proposals to be strongly contested.

The Government has now announced its proposals. You should be ablrpectonfind a document on the Department of Transport website called “Taking Flight: The Future of Drones in the UK - Government Response”.

Do you already use the NATS drone assist AP. That provides a map on showing NVZs and allows you to file intention of a proposed flight. The map is interactive and allows you to indicate your take off point. The map alerts you to known hazards if any in the proposed area. If you have registered your proposed flight then warning of this appear if any other user seeks to register a flight in the vicinity for the proposed time.

At the moment you do need to identify yourself in filing such a flight plan. It looks as though we will have to do so if and when the Government translates it’s proposals into law. Whether the Department if Transport can maintain its slot in the Parliamentary timetable to achieve this might be open to doubt though I don’t think they are expecting the proposals to be strongly contested.
The system the DOT were going to use is called FINS (Flight information Notification System) they have decided (for the present time) not to use this. Here is a link to the document. You might have to copy and paste it into your browser. Page 22 is what you want to look at, although everyone should have a go at reading the whole document, if you can stay awake!
https://assets.publishing.service.g...mm2_7GnsfO0NjOKsCX4f__E2mdDjxE6RLlytZSPD8KJiM

They haven't yet announced who you will have to register with

All drone operators flying anything weighing over 250g will have to register with the CAA directly, albeit through a service built by a subcontractor (which I think we all kinda knew would happen anyway). Alongside the online test, operators will also need to display their CAA registration numbers on their drone(s).

A firm called BJSS won the tender to build and supply the service last year: Civil Aviation Authority - Drones Registration Service - Digital Marketplace

It'll be built by them, then handed back to the CAA to run it for November Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead