DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inconsistent Firmware - Learnt Something Today

EricJT

Reactions
A couple of days ago I went out flying to test a self-unlocking fly zone I had loaded into my SC for the very first time. Before I could get into the Go4 app, my SC said there was an inconsistent firmware issue and did I want to update the firmware.

Given I was in the field with no internet connection, I was somewhat confused but decided to agree to update as per the SC screen message. After about 2 minutes, the SC went into the fly app and I had a successful flight.

Well today my 2 new M2P intelligent batteries arrived and after fully charging them, I was going to make sure their firmware was current.

Then I realised that about a week ago I had updated my SC's and AC's firmware, and perhaps that triggered the in-field firmware message for the battery I was flying at the time.

Sure enough all of the remaining batteries, including the 2 new ones, resulted in the inconsistent firmware pop up message...after updating all of them, no more inconsistent firmware messages.

I had forgotten over the last year the battery firmware may well require an update after the SC/AC firmware updates. I have concluded you can teach this old dog new tricks!

Perhaps this experience may assist others.

A couple of days ago I went out flying to test a self-unlocking fly zone I had loaded into my SC for the very first time. Before I could get into the Go4 app, my SC said there was an inconsistent firmware issue and did I want to update the firmware.

Given I was in the field with no internet connection, I was somewhat confused but decided to agree to update as per the SC screen message. After about 2 minutes, the SC went into the fly app and I had a successful flight.

Well today my 2 new M2P intelligent batteries arrived and after fully charging them, I was going to make sure their firmware was current.

Then I realised that about a week ago I had updated my SC's and AC's firmware, and perhaps that triggered the in-field firmware message for the battery I was flying at the time.

Sure enough all of the remaining batteries, including the 2 new ones, resulted in the inconsistent firmware pop up message...after updating all of them, no more inconsistent firmware messages.

I had forgotten over the last year the battery firmware may well require an update after the SC/AC firmware updates. I have concluded you can teach this old dog new tricks!

Perhaps this experience may assist others.

When you update aircraft and have multiple batteries (As do most) power down and insert new battery...check for that update message..if you don't get it your safe and "Crate" it all back up..if you do then start loading them one after another. Easy peasy ...that way you never forget had the release notes not specify. Drone/batteries then remote checked on firmware releases. Feel free to skip the zone updates though!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes