DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Incorrect histogram display in FlyApp 1.14.2

Filmarik

Reactions
I am on FlyApp v.1.14.2 in my RC Pro and histogram does not show correctly. It looks now like a narow slightly wavy line along the bottom edge (X axis) and as such it is basically useless for setting up correct exposure. I am pretty sure it used to look like a normal histogram with tall peaks and valleys in v. 1.13
Anyone else seeing this ?

I am on FlyApp v.1.14.2 in my RC Pro and histogram does not show correctly. It looks now like a narow slightly wavy line along the bottom edge (X axis) and as such it is basically useless for setting up correct exposure. I am pretty sure it used to look like a normal histogram with tall peaks and valleys in v. 1.13
Anyone else seeing this ?
(There appears to be a duplicate post in the Mavic 3 Pro forum.)

Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing? What sort of scene are you photographing when you see the problem? Can you share an example photo?

(There appears to be a duplicate post in the Mavic 3 Pro forum.)

Can you post a screen shot of what you're seeing? What sort of scene are you photographing when you see the problem? Can you share an example photo?
I only updated the FlyApp day before and that is what happened after.. It was observed under bright sunny daylight condition with camera pointed at typical landscape scene with variety of colors, good contrast etc. Then I tested it at home by pointing camera at the Color Checker Passport from short distance filling almost the entire frame (blurred image) under direct sunlight. Same thing, no peaks in histogram just thin flat line along the X axis from left to right.. In the meantime I rolled back the FlyApp on my RC Pro to v.13.9 and histogram is back to normal, showing nice distribution with tall peaks from left to right and the peaks move now with changing EV compensation +/- as they should. I am now convinced that there is a bug in 1.14.2 causing this.
Sorry for the duplicate post. I was desperate to find solution to the issue on this forum but then frantically googled and eventually found a video tutorial on YT about how to roll back FlyApp.

Last edited:
Reactions: MS Coast
I only updated the FlyApp day before and that is what happened after.. It was observed under bright sunny daylight condition with camera pointed at typical landscape scene with variety of colors, good contrast etc. Then I tested it at home by pointing camera at the Color Checker Passport from short distance filling almost the entire frame (blurred image) under direct sunlight. Same thing, no peaks in histogram just thin flat line along the X axis from left to right.. In the meantime I rolled back the FlyApp on my RC Pro to v.13.9 and histogram is back to normal, showing nice distribution with tall peaks from left to right and the peaks move now with changing EV compensation +/- as they should. I am now convinced that there is a bug in 1.14.2 causing this.
Sorry for the duplicate post. I was desperate to find solution to the issue on this forum but then frantically googled and eventually found a video tutorial on YT about how to roll back FlyApp.

The histogram performed normally on the Mavic 3 Pro with Fly 1.14.1 on the Smart Controller. I rigged up the old RC-N1 and the phone with Fly 1.14.2. I'm seeing the same issue you describe. It looks like the scaling on the Y-axis has been changed.

Screenshot_20240921_145453.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Filmarik
The histogram performed normally on the Mavic 3 Pro with Fly 1.14.1 on the Smart Controller. I rigged up the old RC-N1 and the phone with Fly 1.14.2. I'm seeing the same issue you describe. It looks like the scaling on the Y-axis has been changed.

View attachment 177754
Thank you for confirming the issue with 1.14.2.
I would not call it "changed scaling on Y axis" though.
This is clearly a bug because there is this constant spike shown on left side of the histogram and the rest is just nonsensical, nonconsequential "something" not even remotely related to exposure or lightness values of pixels. BTW with Mavic 3 Pro the same incorrect histogram was shown with all 3 cameras.
I am now back to 13.9 and staying there. I am eternally greatful to DJI for allowing the roll back even though it is not easy to do
At the same time I am eternally pi#^ed off that DJI has released yet again a software riddled with bugs

Last edited:
YES!!!

I've posted in the DJI FB group about this and no one responded. I have the exact same issue. I even put it down as an issue when I sent a Mavic 3 Pro back for a Refresh replacement. It also wouldn't write to the SD card, but I added the histogram issue as well, thinking that was also an issue. But it is still an issue on my backup M3P.

It works fine in Video mode, but not still mode.

I've reached out to DJI US Support asking when there will be a firmware update to fix this. I'll post what I hear back.

Last edited:
YES!!!

I've posted in the DJI FB group about this and no one responded. I have the exact same issue. I even put it down as an issue when I sent a Mavic 3 Pro back for a Refresh replacement. It also wouldn't write to the SD card, but I added the histogram issue as well, thinking that was also an issue. But it is still an issue on my backup M3P.

It works fine in Video mode, but not still mode.

I've reached out to DJI US Support asking when there will be a firmware update to fix this. I'll post what I hear back.
If you have M3P I would suggest to roll back the Fly version in your controller. The v.1.14.2 was released for Neo anyway. I am now back to 1.13.9 in my RC Pro and histogram works correctly for stills as well as video on all 3 cameras

Reactions: Vic Moss
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rudyr