DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Increasing maximum speed for Course Lock mode?

username1234

Reactions
I've been using my Mavic Pro a lot lately to get footage of one of my friends sky skiing, which I have to be in sports mode for because he skis at around 35-40km/h, but course lock would make it so much easier to shoot.

From my small tests, it seems that in normal mode in course lock, I can get just above 30km/h, which isn't quite fast enough. Is there any way to increase the speed of course lock somehow? It seems an odd mode to have a speed restriction on it. I have no interest in having obstacle avoidance on if that's important.

Although, something did just spring to mind, I don't know if I had all obstacle avoidance off when I switched back into normal mode from sport, so maybe it does go similar speeds in course lock mode if I have all the obstacle avoidance turned off?

In lieu of that, is there any work around (orthodox or otherwise) of getting the other modes activated whilst in sports mode?

Reactions: sludge
On my previous Mavic Pro I was able to select Sports mode while in Cource Lock. But not with the replacement Mavic Pro. So frustrated!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zack400