DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Indoor Flying gadget, thoughts ?

1a2ef2ff3ea2a2e0e9b4666a18ddc0f5.jpg

2c1d123e7dea7948baafc29a6e486ff4.jpg

I don't trust crowd funding projects to begin with but this one is just stupid to me. I mean really who wants that thing flying around in the house when you are there. It has to be noisy. Not to mention what can it really do? Take pictures? I can buy a lot of security cameras for the house for what this thing is probably going to cost. No you figure out how to build one that will clean the blinds, ceiling fans, and windows, in addition to moping the floor and doing the laundry and I might be all on board with ya!

Reactions: BigAl07
It's a good idea. Mobility in a multi-level home is next to impossible for wheeled robots and two legged walking robots need lots processing power just to stand around. But the balance problem has been solved for multicopters.

Indeed though, what can it do? Serve cocktails?

Reactions: Rbruz
It could hover above your head as a sort of mobile hairdryer

Reactions: TrayBoz
I don't trust crowd funding projects to begin with but this one is just stupid to me. I mean really who wants that thing flying around in the house when you are there. It has to be noisy. Not to mention what can it really do? Take pictures? I can buy a lot of security cameras for the house for what this thing is probably going to cost. No you figure out how to build one that will clean the blinds, ceiling fans, and windows, in addition to moping the floor and doing the laundry and I might be all on board with ya!

I completely agree.

That's what $3M US Dollars in R&D gets you?

Wow...

Never going to be profitable.

Why make a flying robot? Ask any Dalek. (OK, I know they are not strictly speaking robots)

I think there is a lot of potential in flying robots. I wonder how long it will be before Dyson or Roomba try to make a vacuum cleaner robot that can tackle the stairs?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e