DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inexpensive Tablet for use with Air 2S

The seller got back with me about the tablet I ordered. It was a 32 bit tablet, so I cancelled the order. I am on the hunt again. Why don't these sellers say what architecture these devices have?

Ordered this one. It is 64 bit with 3gb RAM.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 10.4 Wi-Fi 64GB Gold (SM-T500NZDEXAR)​

Reactions: Tufargon
The TECLAST M40 Gaming Tablet 10 inch I ordered is supposed to arrive tomorrow.
I want to order a hood for it. Can anyone recommend one from Amazon? There are so many, and I know some are junk, and others decent, but they want around 30 bucks for all the 10 inch ones. I want to do this once.
I received my backpack case for the drone yesterday, it's pretty nice, it should work well for me when I ride my bike. The case I ordered is this one: Backpack Case for DJI Air 2S / DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo Drone.
I also received some other odds and ends yesterday, a longer C to C cable, car charger, landing pad, the tablet holder for the controller, the rest of the Tomat strobes, etc.
Just enjoying spending money I do not have. LOL
I have not bought myself an adult toy in years, apart from my bicycle fleet, just four bikes, as in bicycle.
Anyway, just a reminder for a recommendation for a 10-inch sun hood/shade, because if you're like me after reading all the above you've forgotten what the original question was. LOL

I received the Teclast M40 tablet today. I have all the apps installed for flying, and went out and flew it for a few minutes in drizzly rain. It worked nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the Teclast M40 tablet today. I have all the apps installed for flying, and went out and flew it for a few minutes in drizzly rain. It worked nicely.
Anything new to report for the Teclast M40?

Reactions: Hidden
I just bought a Samsung Tab S4 (Amazon renewed) 10.5", 4GB/64GB, for $249 (with T-Mobile capability). Almost 500 NITS and all the bells/whistles needed for flying. Item is like brand new and it should work out well.

That one will not work. It's only got 2GB of ram. The cheapest that I've found that is fully functional is the Asus Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL. You can only find them used. Screen is not the brightest but it works very well and as I said it is fully functional. You'll find other tablets that work but a lot of them don't have a compass.
i had one of those and the battery died and that was the end of it.

• Sad
Reactions: Tufargon
I bought a "renewed" Samsung Tab S4, 10.5", 4GB/64GB (off Amazon) for $249 (even has cellular capability).
In LIKE NEW condition. Not a scratch on it.
Screen is almost 500 nits and is great in the sun.
DJI Fly and Go 4 apps work fine on it with my Mavic Air, MA2 and A2S.
You might want to check it out.

How's one to know whether a tablet has a compass or not? There's never any mention about a compass on the box specs. Not is there a screen brightness NITS spec. : (
Look up the specs for the tablet on GSMArena. It will list the GPS protocols for the tablet. For example:

1638887692016.png

You can also look on that site for tablet reviews in which they often discuss nits.

Has anybody tried Xiaomi Pad 5 series? They are relatively cheap for the specs they offer.

Thanks man! I think I am overthinking all this stuff.
Not all phones can act as a hotspot. I have ATT with unlimited data plan but you CANNOT use it as a hotspot. I was so disappointed when I found this out. I use my wife's mobile hotspot when I need it.

Not all phones can act as a hotspot. I have ATT with unlimited data plan but you CANNOT use it as a hotspot. I was so disappointed when I found this out. I use my wife's mobile hotspot when I need it.
Not a problem with T-Mobile...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy