DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inexplicable drop - Looking for answers before doubling down!

I am 100% sure the battery wasn't visibly attached the wrong way though, which i guess means there is a margin of error of even 1mm or less that can cause a complete cutout? (i.e. not visible to the eye on inspection?).
You can definitely have the battery installed without being secured and it being completely unnoticeable, i.e. less than 0.5mm gap.

his makes me super nervous as it would mean you can't know for sure if you truly are good to go or not, even if you add pressing on the battery as a pre-flight check.
Pressing however leaves no doubt whether it is with the VERY obvious firm click. Pulling also obviously widens the gap if improperly secured.

Just put it in, pinch both sides and you're done. If you're really unconfident pull both sides to check.

Reactions: mkdive
When installing the battery I make sure to push down on one side then the other - you can hear a distinct click from each side indicating the battery is properly seated. I only started doing this after reading about these battery connection issues, previously I just pushed the battery in the center but then both clicks are simultaneous and you'd never know if one didn't seat properly.

-Joe

I guess the battery is what it must have been in the end. I really don't get how it could have happened, i made all my checks.

Now this leaves me with a droneless controller to sell. Saw there is a classifieds section on the forum. Any tips on what something like that should run for so i don't spam that section with noob questions too? :) Or should i go somewhere else with it?

I guess the battery is what it must have been in the end. I really don't get how it could have happened, i made all my checks.

Now this leaves me with a droneless controller to sell. Saw there is a classifieds section on the forum. Any tips on what something like that should run for so i don't spam that section with noob questions too? :) Or should i go somewhere else with it?
Are you going to replace your Mavic? You can buy just the drone without a controller.

Typical price in the U.S. seems to be around $175 to $180 on ebay.

Are you going to replace your Mavic? You can buy just the drone without a controller.

Typical price in the U.S. seems to be around $175 to $180 on ebay.

That's cheap actually. Most are over $200 and $299 new.
I bought mine from the classifieds here for $150

Yeah, some go for around $200 but prices are dropping.

A sign Mavics are too? ;) (Sorry...Only bitter line i'll write in here).

I'm in Europe so will try here on the forum first, then Ebay if there is no interest.

A sign Mavics are too? ;) (Sorry...Only bitter line i'll write in here).

I'm in Europe so will try here on the forum first, then Ebay if there is no interest.
Glad you can still find a little humor in this.

It also seems unlikely the battery would detach with the "downforce" pushing it in place when the drone was going up and backwards.
If you're going upwards and backwards then stopping suddenly, a loose battery could detach as it continues to move in that direction, i.e. in the opposite direction to the drone body.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure