DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Infinity focus

kona

Reactions
I have two questions, and am curious to hear if you have thoughts about them:

1. Is infinity focus necessary for a truly immersive experience? In other words, do our brains make the connection that if our eyes are focused on a few inches away we can't truly be sitting in the cockpit of the drone watching trees and houses passing by that are hundreds of feet away, but it is a transmitted image?

2. Would it be a major hardware challenge to make the screens of the Goggles be at infinity focus? This would also solve the problem some middle aged folks are having with their eyesight with the Googles.

Reactions: avanti1963
#1) No. What is important is that you are not straining your eyes.
#2) I don't think it would be a "major" challenge, just not a necessary one. I do think they should have accessory lenses for those of us with presbyopia.

Infinity is no good, since some people can't see far. Too close is no good either since some people can't see near, which is why most goggles are designed to place the image in the "sweet spot" where most peoplw can see pretty good with the most common vision defects.
Seems they jsut messed up and didn't correctly research what that point was/what others were doing.

Infinity is no good, since some people can't see far... ...which is why most goggles are designed to place the image in the "sweet spot" where most peoplw can see pretty good with the most common vision defects.

I disagree. Infinity would be ideal. Infinity (focus distance-wise) is what you see when you look out the window. It takes extra effort/expense to make a device placed a few inches away to focus at infinity - that's why it is not commonly done. If it was easy, everybody would do it - it would require the fewest number of people to use corrective lenses.

Reactions: avanti1963
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143