DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Inflatable life jacket for Mavic

PASTOR

Reactions
I am looking for a life jacket for my Drone. I like to fly close to, and over rivers filming rising trout’s and crystal-clear water. However, every time I do this, I always stopped by myself from taking the ultimate shoot, with the crumbling feeling that something will go wrong and go wrong at the possible at worst spot, in the middle of a river with freezing water.

When I fly fish, depending on the river type, I most of the time use an inflatable life jacket. This jacket inflates when it come in contact with water. No batteries, just a sensor of some kind that activates the CO cartridge and inflate it.

I am looking for something small based on the same principal that I mount on top of the mavic. A small CO2 cartridge that inflates a balloon thingy to keep my mavic from sinking. If something goes wrong at least I still have a possible working drone after drying it, but most importantly the memory card, just in case something insanely awesome was filmed / photographed.

STORE
I've seen others use the getterback for over water flights, it won't keep you from sinking but it will provide a means for recovery. I'm planning on getting one for the same scenario that you described.

I've seen others use the getterback for over water flights, it won't keep you from sinking but it will provide a means for recovery

Interesting. I might just look into that. Thanks!

Ive used these all summer. I’ve taken off and landed on the water and flown over both lakes and ocean water. I’ve got the DJI care so I want to make sure I recover the drone in the event of a water crash. There haven’t been any problems with flight or stability. I haven’t pushed the limit on the battery, I usually bring it back at about 40%.
Store | Mike Daniels, Professional Drone Pilot, Photographer and 3D Printing Designer…

I’ve taken off and landed on the water and flown over both lakes and ocean water.

Crashing into the water will probably pull the pontoons of the drone. Still very cool!

I am looking for a life jacket for my Drone. I like to fly close to, and over rivers filming rising trout’s and crystal-clear water. However, every time I do this, I always stopped by myself from taking the ultimate shoot, with the crumbling feeling that something will go wrong and go wrong at the possible at worst spot, in the middle of a river with freezing water.

When I fly fish, depending on the river type, I most of the time use an inflatable life jacket. This jacket inflates when it come in contact with water. No batteries, just a sensor of some kind that activates the CO cartridge and inflate it.

I am looking for something small based on the same principal that I mount on top of the mavic. A small CO2 cartridge that inflates a balloon thingy to keep my mavic from sinking. If something goes wrong at least I still have a possible working drone after drying it, but most importantly the memory card, just in case something insanely awesome was filmed / photographed.
InventHelp - Have an Idea?

I use Getterback for any over-water flights.
If I make a splash, at least I'll have a body to send back for a refresh. A $40 piece-of-mind as I see it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty