DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insect-sized drones

Reactions
Imagine the military/intelligence applications for something like this. Build it into a bug-shaped body, and they can literally be a "fly on the wall" in places a spy could never go...

Imagine the military/intelligence applications for something like this. Build it into a bug-shaped body, and they can literally be a "fly on the wall" in places a spy could never go...
If you look closely, though, you can see that they are powered externally through thin filaments. Once you try to add a battery to make it truly useful, it would probably either not fly (my bet) or its flight time would be too short to be practical.

If you look closely, though, you can see that they are powered externally through thin filaments. Once you try to add a battery to make it truly useful, it would probably either not fly (my bet) or its flight time would be too short to be practical.
Maybe they could absorb microwaves as a power source. I've heard of this technology. Perhaps they could adapt it for insect drones.

Ha Ha, Military yes, for us VLOS is gone.
I vote to pressure the government to create a new class of drone that has no restrictions, as it couldn't possibly cause interference or harm to any manned aircraft or even a DJI mini. LOL.

Who's gonna catch you flying it. They may catch it, but not you. I would guess the government already has a similar device.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I believe they have had such things for many years already. Just like when you got to see the Stealth Bomber at Oshkosh, guess how many years that had already been flying?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pilot74sparki