DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Installed earlier version of app, but video still breaks up

Hiflyer808

Reactions
Okay, i followed instructions to install an earlier version of the dji go app on my android phone, but still have the same problems with video breaking up that i described on an earlier thread. Any ideas? No, I'm not going to get an iphone, and my samsung galaxy s7 worked fine before. Do i have to go farther back? I went back just one generation. Also, the app at first tried to install new firmware, but timed out with low batteries, and when I charged batteries and tried again, it didn't say I needed new firmware, but said something it was comparing version with server. After that comparing went on for quite a while with no change, I went ahead and launched, and immediately got the video breaking up on my phone.

Okay, i followed instructions to install an earlier version of the dji go app on my android phone, but still have the same problems with video breaking up that i described on an earlier thread. Any ideas? No, I'm not going to get an iphone, and my samsung galaxy s7 worked fine before. Do i have to go farther back? I went back just one generation. Also, the app at first tried to install new firmware, but timed out with low batteries, and when I charged batteries and tried again, it didn't say I needed new firmware, but said something it was comparing version with server. After that comparing went on for quite a while with no change, I went ahead and launched, and immediately got the video breaking up on my phone.
Did you go back to .16? That version worked for me on my s7 edge.

those seem to be the best, but if you updated FW to .400 then take that back to .200

DJI has totally fubarred the Mavic Pro. Many on the Google Play App reviews are not surprised Android is ruined given the Apple partnership

Even the Air and Spark users are going nuts over issues and more issues with latest app.

I will try earlier firmware as suggested, but how do i do that? This really has me bummed, i dont want to be forced to use an iphone..

I will try earlier firmware as suggested, but how do i do that? This really has me bummed, i dont want to be forced to use an iphone..
Firmware can be found by using DJI Assistant 2. Run that on your computer. Connect MP micro usb to Usb port on computer. Run the program. Should have options for the older firmware. Do the same with the RC. Then ignore all the update warnings from the app. Just fly anyway.

Call DJI support and tell them you are pissed. Go to the Play Store and bomb ratings on DJI Go4 app. DJI is going to have fun with this one. All those damned protections they are adding to prevent software hackers is ruining the devices. Stupid moves on their part ruining one of the better flying drones.

I have 2 Mavic's, one up to date with all firmware... one never updated in the last 8 months.
both got hosed in the app update or the android update. both work great with Ipad Mini4.
It really sucks they take a good thing and break it... and no resolve for months.

Yep, keep looking for a Go 4 version that works for you then turn off auto-updates. My Tab A keeps notifying me of an available Android update and I keep ignoring it.

Firmware can be found by using DJI Assistant 2. Run that on your computer. Connect MP micro usb to Usb port on computer. Run the program. Should have options for the older firmware. Do the same with the RC. Then ignore all the update warnings from the app. Just fly anyway.

Call DJI support and tell them you are pissed. Go to the Play Store and bomb ratings on DJI Go4 app. DJI is going to have fun with this one. All those damned protections they are adding to prevent software hackers is ruining the devices. Stupid moves on their part ruining one of the better flying drones.
If I had a “one step” process to roll everything back to March, when I got my Mavic Air, I’d do it in a heartbeat. Instead, I’m wasting hours, playing games with finding software/firmware that will be compatible with each other. I’m not a beta tester, and I don’t want to be treated as such. My iPad Mini 2, and iPhone 6 are both on the DJi compatibility list, so I find it dishonest to suggest that I just need to upgrade my hardware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu