DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Instructions for firmware upgrade

knockstar

Reactions
I just received 'Steve' (my daughter named it) the drone back today from DJI. Was away getting repaired for the past month, yes, you read that right, a month after a minor mishap. Good news though was that he was repaired free of charge, so looking forward to getting back in the skies. My question is what is exactly the new procedure for updating to the new firmware. I recall seeing a topic on it just after I was grounded, but can't seem to find it now. Recall it being very specific on a particular matter which I believe is that I need to update the DJI app on my phone and log in prior to upgrading the intelligent batteries. Is this correct? Thank you

You can update the firmware via DJI GO like this:

Or using the DJI Assistant 2 application like this:

The Mavic and remote controller firmware are upgraded separately. If your batteries need to be updated, you'll see a prompt to update them in DJI GO.

Reactions: Merlin23
no special anything update as normal with FW with DJI go 4 app just update and re sign in to your account beforeu fly

Reactions: knockstar
I am on the latest app and just upgraded to the current firmware. I used the same upgrade method as always - everything at the same time via the app - and it all worked fine for me.

Reactions: knockstar