DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

Fraggle

Reactions
I have just received my Mavic pro and wondering if anyone can recommend an insurance thanks in advance.

What kind of insurance do you need?

Do not give up if an agent tells you no.another agency may say yes.(State Farm)

Insurance for what? Verifly is a nice cheap way to insure individual flights (not the drone.)

I live in RI and have had my drone for about 4 months. I bought it from Bestbuy and never got the DJI insurance. I have been trying to get insurance and can not find a carrier (State Farm does not write in RI). Does anyone have any suggestions?

State Farm paid me $1000 after only paying them $6. I just bought another Mavic and wondering if I should call to have it insured as well. I cannot see them paying out again if I have another tragedy.

I was told by my agent that if I had a claim in the first year, they would not renew. Best to ask questions before an incident occurs.

If they refuse to renew my policy and I crash and destroy my aircraft, my $50 will have been well spent to compensate for my $1167 drone.

I was told by my agent that if I had a claim in the first year, they would not renew. Best to ask questions before an incident occurs.
State Farm paid full purchase price on my P4P flyaway Litchi Mission in canyons. This was on 5/3/2018 the first year of my policy. I heard someone say before they will not renew if you have a claim. Mine just renewed last month

I’m thinking that there is no “ cast in stone” rule for how these different agents run their store. Seems to be a variety of policy rules.
I do think it’s better to know ahead of time how they will deal with whatever claim you throw at them. ASK!

I just checked with the local State Farm agent. Quote is $30 per year, drone damage/replacement only, not liability. I'd be a fool to pass this by. (Washington State)

I was going to call State Farm today, but I decided to call Metlife first (they insure my home and car). Turns out they will insure $1600 of Mavic stuff for $27/yr. Covers fire, theft, damage, loss. I'm a happy camper.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kzenoxx