DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

Sassy

Reactions
Is there a reputable insurance company that will cover drones? Currently, Met-Life will insure my drone on our Home Owners, but it's a $500 deductible. The deductible is nearly the cost of a new MA. I can do the DJI replacement and I'm considering that. But I'd prefer a legitimate insurance with a lower deductible. I also have AMA but it's liability.

Is there a reputable insurance company that will cover drones? Currently, Met-Life will insure my drone on our Home Owners, but it's a $500 deductible. The deductible is nearly the cost of a new MA. I can do the DJI replacement and I'm considering that. But I'd prefer a legitimate insurance with a lower deductible. I also have AMA but it's liability.
I am an AMA member and understood that the policy also provided $1K of coverage for a member’s drone. Not enough to replace most, but helps.

There are a number of threads with information on State Farm's $60/yr drone policy (recreational use only - drone can't be on your 107 registration list). Seems to be the best deal around.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I am an AMA member and understood that the policy also provided $1K of coverage for a member’s drone. Not enough to replace most, but helps.
Thanks, since I have a MAir, $1K coverage is ample. I'm also looking into State Farm insurance.

Thanks, since I have a MAir, $1K coverage is ample. I'm also looking into State Farm insurance.
AMA does not cover crashes and fly aways. They will only cover theft and vandalism. State Farm coverage is far more comprehensive and will cover any type of accidental loss or damage. What state do you live in? Many members of this form use State Farm and someone might be able to recommend an reputable SF agent close to you.

AMA does not cover crashes and fly aways. They will only cover theft and vandalism. State Farm coverage is far more comprehensive and will cover any type of accidental loss or damage. What state do you live in? Many members of this form use State Farm and someone might be able to recommend an reputable SF agent close to you.
Thanks you!! I live and fly in Oregon. I'm checking with my broker. But if they can't help me, I'll personally visit the local State Farm Agent.

Thanks you!! I live and fly in Oregon. I'm checking with my broker. But if they can't help me, I'll personally visit the local State Farm Agent.
This is a list of agents compiled by members that have purchased the coverage from SF in most states that offer it. If you have success from an agent that is not listed in your area, please follow the instructions to add to the list. Remember to ask for a Personal Article Policy when you reach out to them. Some SF agents won't know what "drone insurance" is.

AMA is what your looking for, good outfit and decent coverage.

AMA does have $5million liability coverage. It comes in the membership for $70/yr and a few other benefits... if you can get SF get it, but consider other sources too.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk