DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insurance

Most home owners insurance or renters insurance will let you attach a "writer" to your policy insuring a specific item such as a drone.
Talk to your agent, should not be to much to insure a $800 to $1,000 drone. You should be able to get an "ACV" Actual Cash Value policy that will pay you 100% of the drones current value vs a usual policy that would be about 80% of value.
Good luck!

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Scoutbobber appears to live in the UK, so insurance options available in the USA are probably not going to be very helpful.

Reactions: Thomas B
Most home owners insurance or renters insurance will let you attach a "writer" to your policy insuring a specific item such as a drone.
Talk to your agent, should not be to much to insure a $800 to $1,000 drone. You should be able to get an "ACV" Actual Cash Value policy that will pay you 100% of the drones current value vs a usual policy that would be about 80% of value.
Good luck!

I believe you are referring to an insurance rider, not writer.

Reactions: KarMann
I also suspect he may be referring to 3rd party liability insurance, for which the minimum recommended amount should be £5 million.

I use FPV UK - £19.99 annual.

Last edited:
Hi all,
looking through some of the insurance options but quite a few seem to be public liability cover only.
I took the DJI refresh but this doesnt cover flyaways/unrecoverable drone situations.
no messed up drone=no replacement from DJI.
so looking for any recommendations that include actual replacement cover in these situations please.
Thx

Hi all,
looking through some of the insurance options but quite a few seem to be public liability cover only.
I took the DJI refresh but this doesnt cover flyaways/unrecoverable drone situations.
no messed up drone=no replacement from DJI.
so looking for any recommendations that include actual replacement cover in these situations please.
Thx
coverdrone wanted another 40 euro or so to cover the drone itself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123