DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Insuring Mavic Pro on top of DJI Refresh?

Just a reminder that refresh is only 1 year - not "continued".
I know that, I was referring to the fact that in the 8 months that I have owned it, my Mavic has made 5 trips back for warranty repairs. I just received my third Mavic, had an opportunity to get refresh, so I took it, extending for 12onths, my DJI repairs

I know that, I was referring to the fact that in the 8 months that I have owned it, my Mavic has made 5 trips back for warranty repairs. I just received my third Mavic, had an opportunity to get refresh, so I took it, extending for 12onths, my DJI repairs
Wow 5 trips are you kidding me?? What are you doing?

Wow 5 trips are you kidding me?? What are you doing?
Every single return has been a warranty issue. They have sent me 2 "new/rebuilt" Mavics, and three remote controllers. None have been for anything like crash related, dropped, or anything like that. I've had one where the Mavic took off randomly, zig-zagging around, unable to connect, camera wouldn't focus/turn on, wouldn't complete initialization, etc. As I said, all warranty stuff. Thank god. I'da given up, but I love the Mavic, it's just the unreliability that frustrates me

I went in to just insure the drone only. I called in advance to make sure they did. After I paid for my Personal articles policy, I asked them if they could quote some of my vehicles since I was there already. ( they never asked). I found that they were way cheaper than my present insurance of 29 yrs [emoji15].
So YES, you can insure just your Drone.
My exact experience I'm now moving everythingbover to them

Hold on. Is DJI refresh not renewable? Yearly?
Nope. It's a one shot deal. I 'm sure, if they allowed annual re-upping of the policy, they'd go out of business, at least based on my return rate to them for warranty work

Nope. It's a one shot deal. I 'm sure, if they allowed annual re-upping of the policy, they'd go out of business, at least based on my return rate to them for warranty work
Dang I didnt know that. It's like almost a shame to not crash and at least get a new drone before the year is up? :)

Dang I didnt know that. It's like almost a shame to not crash and at least get a new drone before the year is up? :)
What I don't know, is if you use your refresh and get another drone, they MIGHT allow you to put a new refresh policy on that one, thereby extending the refresh for another year

What I don't know, is if you use your refresh and get another drone, they MIGHT allow you to put a new refresh policy on that one, thereby extending the refresh for another year
When you get your unit back from refresh it is automatically linked into your existing refresh policy.

In either case I think there will always be additional fees with refresh. Cheaper than buying it at full price I guess. Even if your had to leverage both times for 79 and 149?

What I don't like is that it's not a no question sort of policy. Of course I'm not saying people won't take advantage and lie outright but the whole process can be a toss up? Even if you were 100% truthful.

The insurance route seems to simply leave it filing a claim and that is that. I could be wrong.

I would like to hear whether anyone ever used the insurance coverage and what was that experience.

I have seen may refresh stories and it's a mix bag.
I have both refresh and the State Farm policy. I did make a claim on a lost mavic with State Farm and I just called up they asked a couple of questions they sent me a check. Few weeks later I bought a Phantom 4 Pro Plus called them up and asked if I could add it and they said no problem I sent them serial numbers receipts and pictures. Now I'm covered for my new mavic and my Phantom 4 Pro Plus.
I have gone through three rounds of the DJI care refresh and only one of the rounds was semi less painful. The other rounds even though I said I wanted to use the refresh Express replacement they put the machine through the whole repair process I had to wait for them to quote it then I had to wait for them to do some kind of testing and everything else. Six weeks each time.

I have both refresh and the State Farm policy. I did make a claim on a lost mavic with State Farm and I just called up they asked a couple of questions they sent me a check. Few weeks later I bought a Phantom 4 Pro Plus called them up and asked if I could add it and they said no problem I sent them serial numbers receipts and pictures. Now I'm covered for my new mavic and my Phantom 4 Pro Plus.
I have gone through three rounds of the DJI care refresh and only one of the rounds was semi less painful. The other rounds even though I said I wanted to use the refresh Express replacement they put the machine through the whole repair process I had to wait for them to quote it then I had to wait for them to do some kind of testing and everything else. Six weeks each time.
Thanks. This is helpful. I'm glad State Farm didn't drop you as I have heard them do this. Either way I'm still looking to sign up with State farm.

Does having SF insurance help you if you crash your drone into a car or anything? Any type of liability coverage?

Does having SF insurance help you if you crash your drone into a car or anything? Any type of liability coverage?
Zero liability, but if your homeowners won't cover it, if you join AMA, they include a pretty substantial liability coverage included in the dues

Doug, I am a member of AMA, thanks for mentioning it tho, great place to have a membership. I haven’t looked at the benefits for awhile, but I thought we were only covered when flying at a AMA approved flying field. Then we had about 1 million in coverage. It’s not often that I’m right (ask my wife of 22 years). Are we covered when just flying anywhere? Or is the AMA insurance only good when flying at AMA approved flying fields?

Doug, I am a member of AMA, thanks for mentioning it tho, great place to have a membership. I haven’t looked at the benefits for awhile, but I thought we were only covered when flying at a AMA approved flying field. Then we had about 1 million in coverage. It’s not often that I’m right (ask my wife of 22 years). Are we covered when just flying anywhere? Or is the AMA insurance only good when flying at AMA approved flying fields?
Well, now you got me. I can't look it up right now, but I thought if we were flying for pleasure, and complying with AMA guidelines we were covered. Now I'll need to check on it

Ohhhh man!!! I didn’t want to be right and cause you extra work, maybe just being wrong all the time is better for me, that way I don’t cause problems for others. On the other hand if you’re correct that would be awesome!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech