DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent flight modes now in 4k!

psloan

Reactions
Hey guys,

Not sure if this was posted or noted somewhere else. But....

I noticed after the latest app update on android that the flight modes are now not forcing to use 1080p. Prior versions would flip you to 1080p for the Intelligent flight modes

My last couple videos shot with the dronie mode and asteroid mode both were recorded in 4k!

Good news. better quality dronies and not having to remember to switch back to 4k after shooting one!

win.win!

Hey guys,

I noticed after the latest app update on android that the flight modes are now not forcing to use 1080p. Prior versions would flip you to 1080p for the Intelligent flight modes

My last couple videos shot with the dronie mode and asteroid mode both were recorded in 4k!

Good news. better quality dronies and not having to remember to switch back to 4k after shooting one!

win.win!
What app version in android?

Yeah, I noticed this too, not in the app, but when I pulled the footage I noticed. Then thought, I didn't get the popup saying it was going to change resolution when I did it. So sweet, deffo a win.

Thinking though we probably have a firmware update due soon, Mavic pro, and the Spark have both had firmware recent, so assume the Air is going to get one soon.

What problems where you having? Never had any issues with any of the latest versions.

Currently running .004 and never experienced lag on any of my devices I've flown with. Perhaps it's device specific, perhaps the new versions of the app have more requirements from the local hardware than the .016 versions of the app.

How do you downgrade the app? Is there some kind of secret trick?
APKMirror is your friend, as for on iOS your SooL

Reactions: mad monkey
Hey guys,

win.win!
How did you check to see if 4k? I put on my mac but doesn't show what resolution it is.

Last edited:
How did you check to see if 4k? I just did all the options in the quickshot mode and there all 1080p 30 fps and I set my camera to do 4k. Also when I'm looking at phone while it's doing the quickshot it changes from 4k to 1080p while it's filming. I have everything updated to the latest. Does it not work in quickshot mode or just the other intelligent modes. I pulled my card out and put into a app called handbrake on my mac and there all showing 1080p at 30 fps. Thanks

I just noticed that after shooting a quick shot I was still in 4k mode. Usually it would have been flipped to 1080p. When I got home I checked the two quick shots I shot (dronie and asteroid) they both were in 4k.

This was the first time flying with a new lenova Tab 4 8 plus. maybe that has something to do with it. previously i was shooting on a galaxy s8+.

Are you running the latest android release as noted above?

I just noticed that after shooting a quick shot I was still in 4k mode. Usually it would have been flipped to 1080p. When I got home I checked the two quick shots I shot (dronie and asteroid) they both were in 4k.

This was the first time flying with a new lenova Tab 4 8 plus. maybe that has something to do with it. previously i was shooting on a galaxy s8+.

Yes,that was the first thing I checked. I made a mistake about what I said before but how can I check to see what res it's in? I put on mac and hit get info but just shows a mp4.

Thanks for the help,I figured it out. You can open QuickTime and hit command I and the inspector comes up. And it was 2.7k and that's what I had set. When I did the asteroid mode 2x I put it on 4k and it definitly went to 1080 when recording. Let me just double check my settings next time I go fly cause maybe I just hit the wrong thing.

had some test earlier and couldn't do 4k in Quickshots. Only 1080p 60fps.

Device: S7 Oreo
MA FW: 0.003
Go 4 app: 4.2.21

odd. I did a quick flight yesterday. dronies did record in 4k. but the asteroid I shot did not.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS