DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent flight question. Yes I am new to all this

timtimd

Reactions
This is my first post so I hope I did it right. Mavic 2 Pro. I am wondering how to select a static object and then fly from one point to another constantly pointing at the selected object. Point of interest is close but only allows you to circle around the selected object. I want to get a shot locking onto a point of interest but flying sideways in front of it from point A to point B. I know I am a long way off being able to do this manually especially as I would be flying quite close to the object - around 20 meters or so from it. Am I missing something obvious here? Thanks so much in advance for your suggestions. So glad I found this forum.

You could use Intelligent Flight Mode - Active Track in Spotlight mode.

Normally people think of active track as a way to have the Mavic track moving objects, but one can select a stationary object as well and just move the Mavic and it will track that stationary object as well.

OK that is such a big help. Excellent - thank you so much. I guess I would have to fly manually between 2 points but at least it will keep the object centered allowing me time to just fly the drone. It would be impressive if I could select active track and spotlight mode and then select 2 waypoints. Maybe that will come one day. Thanks again.

There is another way that takes some planning.

You can go into Waypoint mode and then just fly to any spot you like. Position the camera to frame your subject. Press the C1 button on the bottom of the Remote Controller. Boom! First Waypoint recorded. Then fly to the next waypoint, position the camera and then Press the C1 button again. Now you have your second waypoint locked in.

You can choose to have DJIGO4 interpolate the camera position in between each way point (meaning that the camera position will fluidly move from the first waypoint camera position to the second waypoints camera position. Or you can have the camera point towards the next waypoint.

This video explains it well.

Litchi's waypoints works for Mavic 2 Pro. You can do as BDOG described.
Use C1 to set waypoints, use C2 to set point of interest. Works great!

Maybe I'm comletely missing the question, were you wanting to use active track to follow you from a side view? If that is the case you can select active track and use "profile" mode. I have not used that feature yet just saw a YouTube tutorial. I've only used spotlight in active track.

He wants to track a stationary object while moving the Mavic. By selecting active track and spotlight mode- then highlighting the object the Mavic 's camera will position itself towards the object selected as the drone is moved.

Reactions: timtimd
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot