DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intelligent Mode Question

4Props

Reactions
Is there a mode in which I can fly in a straight line past an object while the camera remains locked on to the object?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You can use course lock and then you have to manually adjust the heading to track the subject or you can you active track spotlight to keep an object centered and then fly back and forth.. depends on what the subject is and whether you will be more successful in keeping it centered than the optical recognition system

Reactions: 4Props
Ok so that first method is tap to fly free I believe .. I wasn't sure if it would maintain a straight camera path but just saw a video that said it was ... pretty amazing that it can work given that the camera cannot rotate independently of the yaw! Now I need to look at the spotlight alternative you mentioned. Thanks for the help!

Ok so that first method is tap to fly free I believe .. I wasn't sure if it would maintain a straight camera path but just saw a video that said it was ... pretty amazing that it can work given that the camera cannot rotate independently of the yaw! Now I need to look at the spotlight alternative you mentioned. Thanks for the help!

Not Tap to Fly but Course Lock.. give it a shot, let us know how it went.

Yeah, there's no course lock for the Mavic Air ( Why no course lock? ) However, the functionality sounds like the same as Tap to Fly, Free option. I will give it a shot this weekend and let you know how it goes. Thanks again for your help!

With Course Lock, the drone will not fly left or right, but can be yawed to focus on an object?

When ever I do this I cannot fly the drone straight (right stick forward). And, yaw at the same time. Does this mean practice, practice, practice? I was under the presumption, from numerous comments and videos, that the drone would stay on course until the course is stoped.

What am I missing.

renogeno

In this video he says CL allows flight in one direction, but yaw will make the drone vear away from the course.
In another video he says the yaw stick will not effect the straight course.

My thinking is effected by the term “course lock”. Then, does CL mean; forward direction, increase/decrease height, an fly right/left.

It appears his shots sow a yaw, to a curve action in the video.

Help.
Thanks

There is no CL on the MA.......you must use Tap Fly Free. It will maintain a straight line, regardless of yaw.

OK, then you would have CL...........works pretty much the same, but a little harder to set up. On the plus side, once setup, you can fly that same course forward and backwards as many times as needed to get the shot you want. With the MA, every pass must be set up again!

But, when I yaw going past an object (to keep the object centered) the drone does not fly straight, it beats off course.

Why?

Thanks for your time and help.

Not having a MP, I can't know for sure.............all I can say is I don't believe it should do that if set up correctly. Maybe some other MP pilots can help, suggest you post this on the MP forum.

Do you mean did I hit “Apply”? Yes I did. Today after I set up and applied course lock, I could fly the drone in any direction.

??????

Is there a mode in which I can fly in a straight line past an object while the camera remains locked on to the object? ...

Spotlight mode will do this.

I will try it.

Spotlight an object, then fly past it?
Once you have the target selected you can then pull in or back off and change height. The left/right movement will then run in a straight line keeping the camera pointed at the target.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J