DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting things are starting to happen

RParker762

Reactions
Have had a few hiccups lately with the MPP. First, in July we were in MO and I was showing my father in law the bird. Took off with 17 sats and was about 7' off the ground. Started flying forward, right stick only, thumb off left stick and the bird start moving forward but also downward. Got to about 3' before I stopped it and raised it up. Has done this a couple times since, even in my completely flat front yard. Then today, I was up about 200' above my neighborhood, hovering and in the feed, you can see the drone slowly rotating. I mean real slow but enough to notice in the video. At first I thought it was maybe wind but it was horizontally stable. Not sure if I need to calibrate the RC but it doesn't do it consistently.

Reactions: mereflyer
Have had a few hiccups lately with the MPP. First, in July we were in MO and I was showing my father in law the bird. Took off with 17 sats and was about 7' off the ground. Started flying forward, right stick only, thumb off left stick and the bird start moving forward but also downward. Got to about 3' before I stopped it and raised it up. Has done this a couple times since, even in my completely flat front yard. Then today, I was up about 200' above my neighborhood, hovering and in the feed, you can see the drone slowly rotating. I mean real slow but enough to notice in the video. At first I thought it was maybe wind but it was horizontally stable. Not sure if I need to calibrate the RC but it doesn't do it consistently.
Have the same problem with the SLOW rotation. I'm wondering if the IMU and compass headings are catching up with each other. Dunno. I've calibrated it a couple of times. The only other thing I did was increase the braking to 100. Not sure that did any good.

In general, I have noticed the positioning of AC sideways and up/down is not that great, especially in the wind. And my MPP is brand new, 25 flights.

The best advice I can offer is don't take off without SAT's and verifying the compass is correct... like the lady says "... please check it on the map."

• Haha
Reactions: Romulus Archibald
Have the same problem with the SLOW rotation. I'm wondering if the IMU and compass headings are catching up with each other. Dunno. I've calibrated it a couple of times. The only other thing I did was increase the braking to 100. Not sure that did any good.

In general, I have noticed the positioning of AC sideways and up/down is not that great, especially in the wind. And my MPP is brand new, 25 flights.

The best advice I can offer is don't take off without SAT's and verifying the compass is correct... like the lady says "... please check it on the map."

I wait until I have at least 11 sats and I'm at 8 flights since new...... Christmas of 2019. I will keep track of it and see if it gets worse.

I've had that slow rotation on my AIR 1 and sometimes calibrating the Remote helped and sometimes it didn't. Someone mentioned on the forum that he rotated the Sticks rapidly in both direction before firing up the remote and since I have started doing that I have only noticed a few glitches with the remote. Also it doesn't call for calibration constantly.

Have you put on new props? Master Airscrew? If yes, have a look at your settings -> Gain -> Pitch & Yaw. Master Airscrew says no adjustment necessary but I adjusted mine to P=80% and Y= 90%. Solved rotating issue. You might want to try 5% increments of Yaw for the rotating issue. Same with Pitch but try to solve one at a time.

...., thumb off left stick and the bird start moving forward but also downward. Got to about 3' before I stopped it and raised it up.
Sounds like the barometer or IMU has got some problem.

.hovering .... you can see the drone slowly rotating.
Likely the RC is not calibrated or there are some play in the stick gimbal.

Posting the flight log file in the phone will allow more insight to be obtained. Otherwise it's all guessing.

Reactions: Thomas B
Sounds like the barometer or IMU has got some problem.

Likely the RC is not calibrated or there are some play in the stick gimbal.

Posting the flight log file in the phone will allow more insight to be obtained. Otherwise it's all guessing.
Next time it happens I will. Hasn't happened in the last few flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21