DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interesting way to remotely detect a drone and if it is filming a specific target.

I skipped by most of this, but the down link would be varying if you could even see it, but that would not let you know...or anyone else know if you were actually "Filming/recording"?

If the DJI drone is affected, doesn't RTH occur when signals are lost?
Yes, unless GPS is also jammed! Can't find its way home if it no longer knows where it is, or where home is, as current RTH can't just reverse direction on the route it just flew, for the entire route, even though it is recorded.

What can be done with it other than knowing you are on candid camera? Knowing it’s filming w/o ID is useless except for selling the device and building drone haters.
Will Google Earth be next?
Several states have enacted drone privacy laws which prohibit using a drone to conduct "surveillance" or to capture images of persons or property without permission and which could not be taken otherwise. One problem with enforcing these laws is that only the pilot knows if images were recorded on a particular flight absent voluntary cooperation or perhaps a subpoena. If the FAA will require drones to broadcast remote ID signal with pilot location and flight path, why not also require drones to broadcast publicly accessible signal confirming whether images are actually being captured? There is after all no reasonable expectation of privacy flying through airspace, right?

I still fail to see the difference between a drone, a smartphone, a webcam, security camera, traffic cam, etc. All are capturing images without your express knowledge or consent. If you are outside of your abode you might as well accept the fact that you could be on camera at any moment. Surveillance laws will only truly affect what can be permissible as evidence in a court of law.

As far as I am concerned, if someone wants to risk their lenses pointing at me they get just what they deserve.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov