DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

interference at low height

Clemham

Reactions
Hi,

I recently bought a Mavic Air and I noticed a thing at EVERY flights I did wherever I'm at the beach or in town or in the middle of nowhere in a field, I have interference problems at around 100/200m of altitude.
I dont know why but every time I have this problem when I flight "too hight" with the drone. Its very annoying since a drone is supposed to go much more higher.
I know im not the only one but I didn't find a solution to fix it. Is there someone that actually find the solution at this problem or is it because the Mavic Air works by wifi and its less stable than infrared like the Mavic Pro ?
Regards

Reactions: Seanjo
100-200m is not low altitude.
For my project I need to go higher and all mavic drone can go around 300/500m
Also I didn’t ask for your opinion on the altitude if it’s low or high, I just want to know if there is a solution to that issue cause I know I’m not the only one.
It’s supposed to go higher than 100/200m so that’s why I’m asking for help

Try changing your WiFi channel/frequency.
Also could try an antenna upgrade on the controller.
Lastly, it’s not an opinion that 100-200 meters is high or low.
Attitude like that is going to make your post go downhill very quickly.

Try changing your WiFi channel/frequency.
Also could try an antenna upgrade on the controller.
Lastly, it’s not an opinion that 100-200 meters is high or low.
Attitude like that is going to make your post go downhill very quickly.

What do you mean by antenna upgrade ?
I understand but this kind of response is useless to the question I ask. Sorry if it appears rude by message but it doesn't help me at all to know that 100/200m is not low altitude... I know its not low but if I ask that question its only because I want to try to go higher
Regards

Something along the lines of a Raptor series Antenna/range booster.
There’s a few companies out there that make them, I haven’t been doing this long and have only heard of the Raptor ST and XR. (I installed the XR last week)
I took it out today, ran out of battery and had to RTH before I lost signal/range.

Last edited:
So many weird inconsistencies with drones. There is a video up now with a guy going to 1000m in downtown Shanghai with few issues and then something like this. I have become a fan of the problem posts and most of them are operator error but a few leave a person scratching their head.

I get inconsistencies even in me own neighborhood.
Some days it’s fine, others I get interference warnings as soon as I take off.
Who knows....

If you are in 2.4Gz, try 5.8GHz

If you are outside USA, try change to FCC. it will increase the range a lot.

Reactions: genesimmons
Switch to FCC, no need to be confrontational either, 200M is a fair altitude (about 50% of max remember!)

Although, I've always flown FCC I've never had issues with altitude flight, so start there, make sure the aerials are perpendicular to the craft, make sure the feet are down on the craft itself.

And most signal interference is just that, is there anything else around that broacasts on 2.4/5ghz if there is, and it's got a higher output power, then your out of luck unless you can fly elsewhere.

Thanks for all your replies I will try everything you said. but since im leaving in Europe im already on 5.8ghz frequency
and what is FCC ?

Switch to FCC, no need to be confrontational either, 200M is a fair altitude (about 50% of max remember!)

Although, I've always flown FCC I've never had issues with altitude flight, so start there, make sure the aerials are perpendicular to the craft, make sure the feet are down on the craft itself.

And most signal interference is just that, is there anything else around that broacasts on 2.4/5ghz if there is, and it's got a higher output power, then your out of luck unless you can fly elsewhere.
Thanks for all your replies I will try everything you said. but since im leaving in Europe im already on 5.8ghz frequency
and what is FCC ?

In Europe the drone / controller runs in CE mode, switching it to FCC mode (FCC mode in CE area) allows the drone and controller to run in the US regulations, basically trippling the output power of both devices, and significantly increasing range and quality of signal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu