DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Interference

Gratton

Reactions
I know people comment on interference issues but I hadn't really had issue until today. I was in the parking lot of a strip mall, away from the building, and was having poor reception. I lost connection when I was only a couple hundred feet up and a couple hundred feet away.

At home and in the park, I'm good for 1-2K feet away, haven't dared to go farther, and a few hundred feet up.

Mikeg

I know people comment on interference issues but I hadn't really had issue until today. I was in the parking lot of a strip mall, away from the building
It's common and normal to encounter wifi interference in urban areas.
It's to be expected in the environment you describe.

Reactions: zeusfl and Thomas B
It's a thing unfortunately...

In my current favorite flying spot, I get a lot of WiFi interference when flying within 40' of the ground. Once I get over 100', it is just about gone. I'm in a commercial/government/educational research area with a 400' comm tower in the corner of the field, so I'm not surprised.

The com tower may or may not have anything to do with it. Interference occurs mostly from signals at or near the drone’s operating frequency. A lot of communications stuff is well outside the WIFI frequencies.

Many DJI Drones allow you to see all the other WIFI signals that are active, and how strong they are.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair