DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Intermittent gimbal & SD card problems

jtz54

Reactions
My Mavic is three months old and relatively trouble free until now. Getting an intermittent SD card not present (though it is in there) and no gimbal control on the remote. When it does work, the SD card will format and the gimbal will calibrate. Had it out this morning and on power up said SD card not present and gimbal would not look up or down but flew anyway. Upon return, the card was now recognized and I could move the gimbal up and down with the remote. Could this be a symptom of a bad ribbon cable?

Is the ribbon cable securely in? Check while powered off to make sure the connections are secure, then power up the unit and move/wiggle the ribbon cable to see if its going to produce the same issue. This will tell you if its a connection issue with the ribbon cable or not. If wiggling the cable does not do anything than I would recommend reloading the firmware before contacting DJI about warranty claim.

Powered the unit back up. No SD card so I wiggled the cable to see if it would recognize it. Didn't work so I'm going to try and flash back to 1.03FW and see what happens.

Powered the unit back up. No SD card so I wiggled the cable to see if it would recognize it. Didn't work so I'm going to try and flash back to 1.03FW and see what happens.
Something is screwed up. Tried reloading FW four times and each time it errors out at the 40% mark. Even tried downgrading but same error. Looks like it's going back to the factory.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143