DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

International Fly Your Mini Day

I like the suggestion but it makes me think of the difficulty I had with getting permission to fly my Mini in the Town parks. There's a form you have to fill out. I discussed it with the Director of Parks and Rec because they want you to list a specific date. I explained to her that weather is a big factor with the Mini and I can't predict whether the weather will be good enough on a certain date. In this instance, she agreed to let me fill out the form quarterly so that they have paperwork on file. Hopefully 11/1 will be a good weather day since it'll be a Saturday! Unfortunately, over here it's been windy lately as is common for fall in Vt.

mikeg

Reactions: ff22 and Slade
I like the suggestion but it makes me think of the difficulty I had with getting permission to fly my Mini in the Town parks. There's a form you have to fill out. I discussed it with the Director of Parks and Rec because they want you to list a specific date. I explained to her that weather is a big factor with the Mini and I can't predict whether the weather will be good enough on a certain date. In this instance, she agreed to let me fill out the form quarterly so that they have paperwork on file. Hopefully 11/1 will be a good weather day since it'll be a Saturday! Unfortunately, over here it's been windy lately as is common for fall in Vt.

mikeg
That's nice of them. At least some regulators listen to reason.

I propose that November 1, 2020, be declared International Fly Your Mini Day. Let’s show our love and support for this wonderful hobby by flying our beloved Mavic Mini before Winter sets in View attachment 115462flying MiniView attachment 115462
Sounds good to me but up in Calgary Canada, winter has arrived. It’s -5 deg C and a couple of inches of snow at the moment. Hopefully when Nov.1 comes around, the weather will be warmer.

November 1 is not a good day for the Philippines.

Except for this year, during this day everyone will be at the cemetery visiting their dearly departed.

mikeg

Years ago, I was able to convince a ranger that I would honestly fill out my non-resident fishing license on day(s) I used it. I was going into the Sierra for a two week backpack but only planned on fishing a few times but could not be precise in advance. He was reluctant but could see the logic of my situation and sold it to me with a few blanks. Probably not totally legal but ...

Years ago, I was able to convince a ranger that I would honestly fill out my non-resident fishing license on day(s) I used it. I was going into the Sierra for a two week backpack but only planned on fishing a few times but could not be precise in advance. He was reluctant but could see the logic of my situation and sold it to me with a few blanks. Probably not totally legal but ...

It's nice when people are willing to bend the rules in ways that retain the spirit of it even if not the way they're written .

mikeg

Reactions: ff22

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun