DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Internet went out : Car Crash into Pole

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
I am never in Awe of the video shot from the Mavic 3 as its on par with other drones but !!!

Minutes ago the Internet went out and there were flashing lights in my Window, so of course I sent the Mavic 3 on Patrol

Sure enough some unfortunate driver took out the pole, the video was not so amazing as i could not make out the license plate .

I switched from the Explore video to Explore Photo and BOOM what an amazing picture telling the story and this is where the Mavic 3 Shines , it has to punch through using the zoom.

Here is the Zoom in Explore Video mode: Notice the blur on the plate
CleanShot 2023-12-24 at 14.15.00@2x.jpg

CleanShot 2023-12-24 at 14.27.13@2x.jpg

This is where I was positioned over my deck using the Explore Zoom video
cleve towering no cro0p-3.jpg

and here is the Explore Zoom Photo:

cleve towering no cro0p-4.jpg

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water and find broken telephone poles.

Last edited:
I am never in Awe of the video shot from the Mavic 3 as its on par with other drones but !!!

Minutes ago the Internet went out and there were flashing lights in my Window, so of course I sent the Mavic 3 on Patrol

Sure enough some unfortunate driver took out the pole, the video was not so amazing as i could not make out the license plate .

I switched from the Explore video to Explore Photo and BOOM what an amazing picture telling the story and this is where the Mavic 3 Shines , it has to punch through using the zoom.

Here is the Zoom in Explore Video mode: Notice the blur on the plate
View attachment 171338

View attachment 171341

This is where I was positioned over my deck using the Explore Zoom video
View attachment 171339

and here is the Explore Zoom Photo:

View attachment 171340

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water and find broken telephone poles.
The video uses a smaller portion of the sensor at lower resolution compared to photos. I noticed the same with my Mavic 3 - photos taken with the wide and tele camera were very good, but the photos taken while shooting video were underwhelming.

One of the main reasons I bought this drone when it came out. Here are two photos from above my house to downtown 3.5 miles away.

Attachments

• DJI_0633 Sm.jpg
    DJI_0633 Sm.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
  • DJI_0642 Sm.jpg
    DJI_0642 Sm.jpg
    799.9 KB · Views: 19
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads