DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

into the woods

Jonush

Reactions
Hi Newbie here, looking to video record some relatively tight wooded trails, maybe 12 feet hi before the canopy closes over and about 10 feet wide open area. Is this even possible? I assume I would need a small stature drone. As a beginner who hasn't bought one yet, am I just asking for trouble. Since its so close up I assume a very slow speed who be needed so as not to induce motion sickness.
Thanks guys...

Hi Newbie here, looking to video record some relatively tight wooded trails, maybe 12 feet hi before the canopy closes over and about 10 feet wide open area. Is this even possible? I assume I would need a small stature drone. As a beginner who hasn't bought one yet, am I just asking for trouble. Since its so close up I assume a very slow speed who be needed so as not to induce motion sickness.
Thanks guys...
It's not a good idea.
Flying close to obstacles increases the probability of a crash.
Depending on the thickness of the forest canopy, you might have difficulty with GPS too.

Thanks guys...
I have done it several times, just be careful.

Thanks guys...
If this your primary use for a drone you might consider a Skydio. Visit the SkydioPilots.com forum to see what they are capable of.

Reactions: Darth Kahn
You could hold it above your head and walk with it. The extra height will show enough difference in perspective than eye level and your height is limited anyway. Added bonus is you can get really close to tree trunks and obstacles without breaking stride and looks great in the video, nobody knows your not flying. And of course the stabilization does the magic.

If this your primary use for a drone you might consider a Skydio. Visit the SkydioPilots.com forum to see what they are capable of.
Skydio has some very impressive features, funny thing is I can’t get over how they don’t have any landing gear, especially since two of the rotors face downwards. Seems like a very expensive lawnmower.

Thanks guys...
I fly the M2Z, I'm going to be flying through a third floor deck area showing the view through the seating area under the roof and over the railings. I just started practicing in my yard yesterday. I turned off the forward sensors making sure the RTH upper sensor stays on. You wouldn't want to suddenly return straight up under a roof or tree. I was surprised how easy it was to fly through very tight spaces in tripod mode slowing down all the motions. No problems, just take your time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d