DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Invalid Battery

Banstead

Reactions
I have 2 batteries with my M2 Zoom which have worked OK, however yesturday one displayed aircraft status in the DJI GO4 app, "Battery Signal Error", check battery connection - Contact DJI Support if this persists after a restart.
Battery.jpg
The app Aircraft Status, states "Invalid Battery" and obviously it refused to fly, although fully charged.
I will contact support, but I will also update on what is suggested incase anyone else gets this.

Did you reset the battery into the drone? If the battery swells it doesn't seat properly. I'm unfamiliar with the invalid battery warning but maybe it just pops up along with the battery connection warning.

The battery is almost 6 months and looks like new, without too much use and no sign of any contact problems. DJI Support recommended that I did a firmware refresh to the drone and battery, which is OK with my another battery, but this one comes up with a "battery update error" and stops at 80% update. So I have been asked to send it for repair.
DJI-Batt-err.JPG
Not sure if you can repair a battery - but Im glad this didn't happen in the air.

DJI are so slow in responding, support have asked me to send the drone to the Netherlands for repair; but I have questioned why the drone when it works fine with a different battery - so surely just the battery? and I have asked if this would be covered under a warranty? still awaiting a response.

This is the final update.
I was sent a return lable by e-mail from DJI to return the faulty battery.
A week later they sent me a new replacement, saying it is not repairable.
So I can't fault their support service.

Reactions: Bop and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002