DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Invasion Of Privacy

In the US, as a general rule, privacy and property rights only extend to 100' above the tallest structure on the property - unless otherwise regulated by local ordinance/law. The FAA Regulates all airspace above 100'. The key to the Florida and Idaho laws on UAV's is "Intent". It must be shown that you intended to conduct aerial surveillance on that property. A simple review of your footage will clear that up.

This is very interesting, since it is well-known (as memos have been released by the FAA) that a state cannot regulate airspace, but may only regulate take-off or landing of UAVs. It is irrelevant whether the aircraft is manned or not.

As 53-63-6f-74-74 says above, most of these local laws are untested and in the US, the FAA stills owns all airspace.

Now back to to the beginning of this thread. Just because you can, do not fly your drone in your neighbors back yard or in any situation where you are close to people, or be prepared for the consequences of upset folks and being first in your locale to test new local laws.

Interesting article, thanks for sharing.

IMHO one of the the biggest precedents in the US was when the national park service effectively conceded that they did not have jurisdiction with drones launched outside the park boundaries. But this as all other topic mentioned in this thread is not iron clad and still in the grey area of debate.

Snip from their policy:

"The National Park Service implemented the prohibition of the launching, landing, or operation of unmanned aircraft from or on lands and waters administered by the National Park Service. This new prohibition applies only to lands administered by the National Park Service and does not apply to unmanned aircraft that is launched or landed outside the park boundary."

Yeah the Mavic Air seems fairly loud, its my first drone and had only one other to compare it to, a Phantom 3 which was as loud as mine. When I
take off ( other than practicing in my yard, we all live on about an acre) I climb to two hundred and you can barely hear it, at four hundred its not even there. Its a lot quieter
than all our lawnmowers, and runs for a far shorter time.

anyone here know California laws?
I usually fly my m2p in my neighborhood but I never hover over people's homes. only above my backyard or home. I can only fly up 100 feet because I'm close to a airport (class D airspace) so sometimes I cut it short because i start thinking 100 feet up isn't high enough to feel comfortable about my neighborhood getting mad. I don't fly it every day.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR