DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iOS 13 and DJI app

iPad Pro 11” with MPP, flew two batteries today and experienced a bug which makes fly modes button not visible thus not allowing to select fly modes. Had to restart the app few times.

iPad Pro 11” with MPP, flew two batteries today and experienced a bug which makes fly modes button not visible thus not allowing to select fly modes. Had to restart the app few times.

is iOS 13 released for iPads yet? I checked this morning (UK time) and it wasn’t available.

is iOS 13 released for iPads yet? I checked this morning (UK time) and it wasn’t available.
Forgot to mention its actually 13.1 Beta 4. One of the final betas because Apple moved the release of 13.1 to 24th.

Thanks for testing what is acknowledged to be one of the buggiest iOS releases for sometime. I won’t be updating the iPad I use for flying for a while. There’s nothing in the new iPadOS that would enhance flying anyway so why risk it?

Thanks for testing what is acknowledged to be one of the buggiest iOS releases for sometime. I won’t be updating the iPad I use for flying for a while. There’s nothing in the new iPadOS that would enhance flying anyway so why risk it?

it very much depends if you have a dedicated iPad for flying as there’s alot of other stuff in iOS 13 that makes it worth updating if you use it for other stuff.

I’m hoping to get a Mini 5 just for flying and I’ll let that on 12 for now but I’ll be updating my Pro as soon as I can.

yea it depends, I actually have iPad mini which I kept on iOS 12 until (hopefully!) dji go 4 is updated not only for iOS 13 but also iPad Pro, its truly a shame such a big company is ignoring a year old device.

Any bugs ?
I have some stability issues flying Mavic Enterprise on IOS 13, iPhone X. The Pilot app keeps closing while flying. I can restart the app and everything is OK, but it’s a bit unnerving when flying and the app disappears.

Any(bold)one has an fresh personal experience with iPAD PRO on iOS13.1.2 & DJI GO4 combo?
Does it work together? Issues? Limitations? Reliability? Shall I risk OS update already now or rather wait?
Currently I fly on iOS 12.4.1 without any issues but new iOS 13 is tempting.

Many thanks
Michal

I just purchased an ipad mini 5 and while setting it up it updated to ipadOS 13.1.2. Was hard for my old eyes to see my cell so thought a larger screen on the ipad would make it easier. DJI's website doesn't mention DJI Go 4 supporting version 5. Hopefully it will install and perhaps more importantly the software functions as it should with my MA. I'm a nooby so if anyone knows it would be great to hear your experience.

Yes, iPhone XR constantly disconnects from controller (on multiple cables), which causes the controller to reboot, and a complete loss of control. DJI tells me I’m SOL and they don’t want to help me because the iPhone XR is not on their list of supported devices. They’re very rude on the phone about it too...

Thanks for response mavic_cs. Makes me wonder if I want to install go 4, possibly research litchi instead. Odd DJI wasn't receptive to your problem with controller reboot issue. I may try to do some pre-flight testing with new ipad and see if all is well. Hard to believe DJI would require their customers to rely on out dated second party hardware and software to safely operate their products.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada