DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IOS Compass view orientation

vashon100

Reactions
I use an ipad mini 4 (dedicated, wifi only, offline) with my MP. The compass view (lower left corner) most of the time shows a static orientation, with the mavic icon moving around in it - but N doesn't move around no matter where I point the controller.

Occasionally (rarely), after launch this view is not static and will react to the movement/orientation of the device/controller. When this happens, it doesn't last the whole flight, just a portion, then goes back to the same static orientation of N to the left and the white arrowhead at the top.

Is there a certain controller-to-mavic launch orientation that initiates this non-static reaction? If so, why does it not last the whole flight? Again, the mini 4 is non-cellular, so no gps. I have over 100 flights.

is your mini 4 placed in the RC jaws and is your home button on the right like this. Are you aware of the potential of the iPad cover magnets along the left side of the iPad interfering with the controller.

is your mini 4 placed in the RC jaws and is your home button on the right like this. Are you aware of the potential of the iPad cover magnets along the left side of the iPad interfering with the controller.

Hi. I have an elevated holder, so not using jaws.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renevista