DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IOS or Android?

Are you saying iPads overheat?
Post #7
The important thing is to get a tablet with enough processing speed and RAM to run it properly.
Post #10
Try an underpowered Apple device and you'll be just as disappointed as if you tried an underpowered Android device.

Try any of the many very good Android devices and there's no compromise.
Also no overheating problems in Summer and less wallet penalty.

I like both and fly with both. If I’m out on a proper droning session I fly with my Huawei M3 Lite. Overall it’s a little slow in loading Go 4 etc bit only because it’s getting on a bit spec wise but once it’s up and running it works flawlessly. Never had a problem.

If I’m out and about and spot something I want to shoot I’ll use my iPhone XS Max and it works flawlessly. Never had a problem.

Go 4 is one of those rare apps where, once it’s up and running, there is no real discernible difference between the Android and iOS versions. DJI have done a stellar job there.

The only annoying thing about running Android is the fact it’s very difficult to stop the controller charging the tablet whenever it is connected. If DJI could sort that out then, as @Meta4 states, so long as the device is powerful enough there really isn’t any difference between the two.

I do want to upgrade my flying tablet and may end up with an iPad Mini 5 but only because the rest of my devices are in the Apple ecosystem. I may though end up with some new and Samsung as I like to have at least one decent spec Android device in the house.

That's an interesting point about the controller charging the iPad/Tablet. It's possible to stop that? I always have both fully charged and can't see a good reason or benefit from it.
I like both and fly with both. If I’m out on a proper droning session I fly with my Huawei M3 Lite. Overall it’s a little slow in loading Go 4 etc bit only because it’s getting on a bit spec wise but once it’s up and running it works flawlessly. Never had a problem.

If I’m out and about and spot something I want to shoot I’ll use my iPhone XS Max and it works flawlessly. Never had a problem.

Go 4 is one of those rare apps where, once it’s up and running, there is no real discernible difference between the Android and iOS versions. DJI have done a stellar job there.

The only annoying thing about running Android is the fact it’s very difficult to stop the controller charging the tablet whenever it is connected. If DJI could sort that out then, as @Meta4 states, so long as the device is powerful enough there really isn’t any difference between the two.

I do want to upgrade my flying tablet and may end up with an iPad Mini 5 but only because the rest of my devices are in the Apple ecosystem. I may though end up with some new and Samsung as I like to have at least one decent spec Android device in the house.

That's an interesting point about the controller charging the iPad/Tablet. It's possible to stop that? I always have both fully charged and can't see a good reason or benefit from it.

It is easy to switch the iPad off from doing this. With Android the tablet just thinks it’s plugged in to a power source so just charges.

There are ways of turning it off but some involve rooting the device etc so not ideal.

I may though end up with some new and Samsung as I like to have at least one decent spec Android device in the house.
Have a look at the Huawei M5 if you are in the market for a new flying tablet.
It loads Android and apps fast and is probably the best flying tablet out there.

Reactions: dannybgoode
It loads Android and apps fast and is probably the best flying tablet out there.

Thanks for the idea. I’ve looked for one but thus far can only find the M5 Lite in the UK at the moment. Will try and track one down :)

EDIT: eBay is looking promising :).

Last edited:
Reactions: freightshaker
Yes and very over priced. Android has been great since the last upgrade. I never have issues. I think a lot of the problems people have is the phone itself. I always have Samsung Note phones and never had problems. I am a Computer builder and repairmen, so I like to have control and be able to tweak and set my devices the way I like, not they way the company that makes it, wants me to have it setup. Apple has always been way overpriced. Now they moved manufacturing to China, so I will never buy from them, because they won't lower prices, even though they moved there to get cheap labor. But I also have no problem if someone uses or like Aplle better. Just my opinion.
Apple is designed in USA and principally manufactured in China- yes. They aren’t alone there. Acer, Cisco, Dell, Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Microsoft, Sony, Toshiba and other well known brands have their products manufactured under contract by the same company. That company makes 40% of the electronics on the planet. No question there are other great products- and it’s obvious many cheaper alternatives. They do make great products though. I’m pretty sure there isn’t a current product that might outperform the latest iPad Pro. Development of their own silicon in house must be a very expensive exercise.

Would you recommend the 8.4" or the 10.8" ?
Post #7
The important thing is to get a tablet with enough processing speed and RAM to run it properly.

What do you considered necessary for processing speed ?
What do you considered necessary for RAM ?

Would you recommend the 8.4" or the 10.8" ?
It's a personal choice.
I think the 8 inch is plenty big enough and the 10 inch is to cumbersome and heavy but some have other opinions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078