DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad 8th Generation - Any good with Mavic Pro?

Andyh77777

Reactions
I have not flown for nearly a year now, since I started having disconnect problems with my Galaxy S5 device. It was about this time that DJI removed the S5 from the compatible device list. I am now looking to get airborne again and considering an Apple device based on the consensus that Apple devices are more inherently compatible. I am considering the 8th Generation iPad. DJI list both iPad Pro and iPad as compatible devices, but I did see one post that cast doubt on whether the 8th Gen was implied by that list. Does anyone have real world experience with something close to the following combination: iPad 8th Gen + DJI Go4 + Mavic Pro?

if you can, go for ipad pro 11"
very very nice machine, very good screen e full compatible with dji devices, i have one from generation1 with 1tera
it´s an ipad for a longgg time ;)

edit just to say, i have mavic 2 zoom and mavmount suport for the ipad

I have not flown for nearly a year now, since I started having disconnect problems with my Galaxy S5 device. It was about this time that DJI removed the S5 from the compatible device list. I am now looking to get airborne again and considering an Apple device based on the consensus that Apple devices are more inherently compatible. I am considering the 8th Generation iPad. DJI list both iPad Pro and iPad as compatible devices, but I did see one post that cast doubt on whether the 8th Gen was implied by that list. Does anyone have real world experience with something close to the following combination: iPad 8th Gen + DJI Go4 + Mavic Pro?
You really want something that you can see in the sunlight. The screens that can do this the best are called "super amoled" screens. You won't regret it. I've bought tablets to fly my drones, but the sun just ruins the visibility on the screens surface. I'm using an Iphone 12 max with the AMOLED screen. I can actually see it very well on the beach during bright sunny days. No need to cover the phone with a shade shield

Thanks chaps for your feedback. I agree that it is good to see the screen in sunlight, and its important that a tablet stays connected. It would be great if these two qualities were present in the one tablet. No iPads seem to have amoled screens. Samsung / Android seems to be under a cloud in the consistent connection department according to some users. I was really hoping that someone might have tried the iPad 8th Generation and could give some feedback, either positive or negative.

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest