DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPad for a M2P

Dagwood_55

Reactions
Will My old Ipad Air with 32 GB work with my new M2P?? It has interweb without a wifi if it matters....

And how mo better would a new IPad 9.7 be??

Will My old Ipad Air with 32 GB work with my new M2P?? It has interweb without a wifi if it matters....

And how mo better would a new IPad 9.7 be??

If Wi-Fi doesn't work do you use cellular to access the internet? If you can install the DJI Go 4 app on your iPad Air then you are over the first hurdle. You don't need wi-fi (or cellular for that matter) when you're flying the drone.

After that, it will simply be a matter of whether or not you are happy with the app's performance when flying your drone. If not then I would advise purchasing a new standard iPad - no need to spend the extra money on an iPad Pro.

When a friend tried to install DJI Go 4 on his 6-year-old iPad it came back with a message indicating that it was incompatible and would not proceed to install the app.

Pete: I went from using an iPhone 7 Plus, to an iPad Mini 4, and finally to a 9.7" iPad 2018 and I love it. Granted, it isn't as "nitty" :) as a CS and I have to use a sun shield on bright days, but it's wonderful for getting around in Go4. The new iPad has more than enough performance to avoid any bottleneck issues and no need to worry about apps in the background or using Airplane Mode. It just works and I can highly recommend it.

Reactions: deleted member 877
I was using an iPad Air with my Mavic Pro until a year ago. It worked fine with DJI Go 4 as long as I remembered to force close all other apps that were running.

I bought last year's iPad Pro (10.5-inch). I don't have to remember to close other apps with it because the processor is faster. The screen is also brighter, and it can import and play 4k video from the Mavic 2 pro.

Reactions: deleted member 877
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent