DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

iPad holder

WHAT IT DO?

Reactions
Evening. How can you use the iPad holder with your iPad with no WiFi? Do you have to use your personal hotspot to connect to the WiFi? Or will the dji app work without WiFi?

I think you only need to be online when you open up DJI GO but the problem with it is the maps. They wont show up unless you cache them first by zooming in on the area you want to fly and then you can plan missions. You can still fly without internet connection or cell signal, you just wont see the maps but you will have to open it before you leave the house or connect to mobile hotspot to login and get maps cached. Hope this makes sense.

Reactions: WHAT IT DO?
Evening. How can you use the iPad holder with your iPad with no WiFi? Do you have to use your personal hotspot to connect to the WiFi? Or will the dji app work without WiFi?

To touch on what I said in my previous post, I live in Arizona and fly almost exclusively where there is no connection to anything and here is my process.

1. Sitting on the sofa I plan out my flights for the day. Then I open up Litchi to fly with, litchi is something you will want to look into.. Flylitchi.com

2. I find my first location and zoom in and out all around, the same for the other locations for the day. I then minimize the flight app and drive to my location with my phone charging. Never reboot or close the app. This is my process.

It will work without wifi. everything but detailed maps. UNLESS you do as suggested in the previous replies.

To touch on what I said in my previous post, I live in Arizona and fly almost exclusively where there is no connection to anything and here is my process.

1. Sitting on the sofa I plan out my flights for the day. Then I open up Litchi to fly with, litchi is something you will want to look into.. Flylitchi.com

2. I find my first location and zoom in and out all around, the same for the other locations for the day. I then minimize the flight app and drive to my location with my phone charging. Never reboot or close the app. This is my process.

Ok. Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre