DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

IPAD MINI 2, 3, OR 4 ?

I am a new user, just setting things up.... I have a Sam-Gal-7 ... but thought I would have a better experience using my ipad mini 2..... but I have used my ipad mini 2 for regular use... are you suggesting that I need to wipe it, reset it and only have dji programs installed on it to work properly for flying my MM ?

Why ,it’s empty?
Well looking at it in iTunes it might seem to be empty because iTunes does not show the contents of the folder so that’s why I asked if he dragged and dropped it to the desktop

I am a new user, just setting things up.... I have a Sam-Gal-7 ... but thought I would have a better experience using my ipad mini 2..... but I have used my ipad mini 2 for regular use... are you suggesting that I need to wipe it, reset it and only have dji programs installed on it to work properly for flying my MM ?
I’m not suggesting that just don’t run other programs you don’t have to wipe it just double click and swipe everything else away while you’re using it For flying.
especially email because the email keeps checking for new messages and that could Because Wi-Fi interference. Also I have never put a device into airplane mode, I never get interference warnings. But that’s just me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mr.mgj
Any issues using a WiFi only iPad Mini 4 or 5? I'd like to save a little $ and I can use the hot spot on my phone if needed rather than buying a cellular equipped Ipad Mini

Without cellular, you'll have to connect to your phone hotspot if you want live map updates and you won't be able to set a mobile hotspot as that relies on the device gps for the location.

Ok so I can purchase a used iPad mini 2 then thank you!!

I would hold off, many of the posters here are using the Ipad Mini 2 with DJI Go 4 which is a different flight app to the DJI Fly app used by the Mavic Mini.
So the Ipad Mini 2 may not work with DJI Fly

iPad Mini 5

Me too...not sure I'm technically savvy enough to correct any issues with anything less. Yes, it has cellular, and lightened my wallet by $400, but MUCH easier on my old eyes!

When I used to own a Phanton 4, I used a mini 4 for months, creating quite a few videos. After a couple of DJI updates, suddenly, the mini 4 wasn't up to the task. No rhyme or reason as to why, with a few people on Youtube complaining. Expect DJI to eventually do the same with the mini app. Get the best you can afford and, while it works, enjoy it. I would go for the mini 5 as it's a fast tablet.

I’m not suggesting that just don’t run other programs you don’t have to wipe it just double click and swipe everything else away while you’re using it For flying.
especially email because the email keeps checking for new messages and that could Because Wi-Fi interference. Also I have never put a device into airplane mode, I never get interference warnings. But that’s just me.
Thanks for the input !

Ok so I can purchase a used iPad mini 2 then thank you!!
I would NOT get a Mini 2.
I tried to use one with my Mavic Air, and had tons of problems with CPU overloading and overtemps, video breakup and green blocking..went back to iPhone 8 and no problems. iPad Mini is a great size, and nice display, but just doesn't have enough horsepower.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whathesaid